About the Role
The Airship Technical Support team is seeking a Technical Support Manager who enjoys solving problems and developing a high-performing team.
You will be responsible for leading a growing team of Technical Support Engineers, providing world class technical support services to a global customer base. You will also be instrumental in creating and improving our Support processes, improving and reporting Support metrics and SLAs, and staying up to date on Airship's products and services.
Technical Support Managers work alongside their team, interacting directly with customers, as well as with Account Management, Engineering, Product, and Sales to support and improve Airship products and services. Success in this role is reflected in Support team achievements: maintaining high customer retention, high quality products, satisfied customers and team members.
You will be surrounded by passionate team members and peers who continually develop and improve their skills, enabling you to deliver industry-leading service and support to our customers. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, positive, empathetic, and brings excellent relationship building, communication, supervisory and project management skills to the role. You should be an excellent written and verbal communicator, enjoy helping others overcome tricky problems they encounter, and be able to navigate complex situations with our enterprise customers.
About you / Responsibilities
- Planning and fostering Support team member growth and professional development by conducting 1 on 1, team meeting support and providing regular and actionable feedback.
- Maintaining open communication channels with support team, management, and customer account teams.
- Serving as the voice of the customer to help shape products through enhancement and bug reporting.
- Able to diagnose severity, understand impact and diplomatically escalate critical customer issues.
- Maintaining grace and consistency under pressure, working diplomatically across the organization
- 2-3 years experience leading a support team, with experience in successfully coaching others
- A strong understanding of systems architecture,
- Possesses customer-first attitude with a strong sense of empathy
- Experience with modern web services, mobile app development, APIs, system, database or software as a service a strong plus
- Analytical and data-oriented approach to problem solving
- Able to assess and prioritize multiple complex issues
(Please include a cover letter with your application about why you are interested in Airship and specifically our open Technical Support Engineer position)
Marketing and digital experience teams at thousands of the world’s most admired companies rely on Airship’s Customer Engagement Platform to create deeper connections with customers by delivering incredibly relevant, orchestrated messages on any channel.
Founded in 2009 as a pioneer in push notifications, Airship now gives brands the user-level data, engagement channels, AI orchestration and services they need to deliver push notifications, emails, SMS, in-app messages, mobile wallet cards and more to exactly the right person in exactly the right moment — building trust, boosting engagement, driving action and growing value.