About the Role
Technical Account Managers (TAMs) develop product and contribute workflow expertise to design and drive industry-leading messaging and marketing campaigns. We work in partnership with diverse and supportive teams, providing guidance to our most strategic customers on all technical aspects related to Airship. We are inquisitive, inclusive, and insightful, and are at our best when we lift each other up to achieve common goals. Those goals might include helping customers from initial planning to realization of entirely new and exciting ways to reach their users, or helping build ways to measure the effectiveness of those campaigns. We value input and are looking for a TAM team member who wants to contribute to something spectacular.
You are passionate about the customer experience, technology, and can personally relate to a developer’s struggles. You help bridge the gap between technical and non-technical and frequently interact with development, product, marketing, and leadership contacts from our largest clients. You will be required to act as the product expert, understanding and utilizing a client’s use-case to help guide their technical teams toward continued success with Airship products and services.
- Coordinate new customer activities with appropriate team members. Keep all parties apprised of customer requirements, deliverables, and timelines.
- Act as single point of contact for customers, ensuring a high level of responsiveness if issues arise.
- Provide metrics as established by department leadership to track and report customer activities and associated issues and/or opportunities for reporting to both customer and internal stakeholders.
- Provide world-class support by taking ownership for customer challenges from initial contact to deploy including troubleshooting, assisting with QA, and ensuring that the customer understands any needed changes on their end.
- Partner with the Engineering and Product teams to resolve customer issues.
- Write documentation, knowledge-based articles, and tutorials to improve the customer experience of Airship products and services.
- Participate in the QA process of current and new products/services and work frequently with product and engineering teams to address opportunities and product enhancements.
- Interface with customers in final stages of contracting with Sales to gather, collect, and document technical, product, and contract requirements regarding the customer's purchase(s) of Airship products.
- Contribute to the development of Technical Account Management policies and procedures.
- Do whatever it takes to provide an outstanding experience!
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of technical client-facing experience
- Working knowledge of Linux and/or Mac OS X command line
- Able to read code and write code in Python, Java, Objective-C, or a similar object-oriented language
- Able to handle a wide range of customer personas and skills sets during all phases of the customer lifecycle
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical customers
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment while working independently
Optional, but definitely a plus
- Knowledge of how to leverage APIs
- Comfortable with iOS and Android mobile platforms and their development tools
- Experience in digital marketing solutions (mobile, web analytics, optimization, email, SMS); combined with SaaS product environment
- Skills with Apple Wallet, Android Pay or other Digital Wallet platforms
- Familiarity with Email specific terms and configuration
- Understanding of routing and processes around SMS
Marketing and digital experience teams at thousands of the world’s most admired companies rely on Airship’s Customer Engagement Platform to create deeper connections with customers by delivering incredibly relevant, orchestrated messages on any channel.
Founded in 2009 as a pioneer in push notifications, Airship now gives brands the user-level data, engagement channels, AI orchestration and services they need to deliver push notifications, emails, SMS, in-app messages, mobile wallet cards and more to exactly the right person in exactly the right moment — building trust, boosting engagement, driving action and growing value.