The Manager, Enterprise Sales – DACH will be responsible for driving bookings for all Airship products in the DACH Region. The primary role is to lead field sales teams to maximize revenue and market share through effective go to market strategies, including territory assignment development, partner strategies, representing Airship in local trade associations and or meetings and being the advocate for Airship in their area. Manager, Enterprise Sales – DACH will also contribute to marketing strategies and needs for the assigned area, working closely with the Airship marketing resources to maximize revenue and drive market share growth. Provides leadership and strategic vision to the Enterprise sales organization and works collaboratively with the other leaders to ensure consistent communication across DACH Region is in alignment with the overall vision and strategy.
- Provide input regarding strategic direction of Airship’s Sales strategy, including defining and/or refining the business model and participate in the development of the annual business plan and sales targets
- Responsible for executing the bookings and revenue goals as established by Sr. Management
- Act as an evangelist for the Company in the marketplace and establishing relationships with potential partners and local trade groups to drive Airship business
- Travel as needed in order to spend time with team members and customers
- Develop realistic but aggressive objectives and targets and ensure achievement of these targets
- Identify opportunities and strategies to achieve market share objectives in their assigned region
- Acts as an escalation point for providing guidance for sales reps in matters of problem resolutions, sales strategies, competitive analysis and pricing and corporate policy interpretation
- Partners with Sales Operations to help define the curriculum for ongoing training to sales reps regarding sales skills, product knowledge and market focus.
- Performs key functions to recruit top-notch sales reps including interviewing, hiring, monitoring, employee feedback and documentation, counseling and coaching, and performance management improvement when needed. Identify staffing needs and work with senior management to set budgets and implement plans.
- Assess key skill sets and provide ongoing coaching and feedback to team members in order to meet objectives, reinforce sales methodology and provide guidance on career path direction. Create and implement development plans across the sales organization to improve performance and/or to retain top talent
- In cooperation with Sales Operations establish and reinforce key performance indicators (KPIs), metrics and milestones that will be used to measure success of sales roles on an ongoing basis.
- Provide a weekly bookings forecast for the current month, quarter and year broken out by each sales rep and by each line of business for Sr. Leadership. Manage and coach sales reps to ensure accurate and timely forecasts which are reflected in Salesforce
- Leverage and communicate competitive losses/wins across sales teams, understand trends and put in place strategies to mitigate losses and increase market share gain.
- Develop and maintain a culture where employees are highly motivated, energetic, and enthusiastic
- Demonstrates strong product knowledge and ability to articulate our value proposition
- Reports to the SVP Global Sales
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Strong communication skills within a multi-cultural organization. Ability to craft and articulate a shared vision.
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams; internal and external
- Proven ability to deliver results in a dynamic environment
- Highly developed trouble-shooting and problem solving skills
- Strong team player with the ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally
- Proven interpersonal skills to sharpen management processes, strengthen team culture and deliver superior operating performance
- Must have strong leadership, communications, and mentoring skills to create a vision for others to follow, understand and execute on
- Proven ability to recruit high performing salespeople and develop teams.
- Proven ability to lead and manage through change
- Proven ability to successfully meet critical deadlines and revenue goals
- Leads a team of sales representatives
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree preferred (or equivalent experience)
- 10+ years of sales experience in a similar field and 5+ years in a leadership and/or management role
- Extensive experience and track record of achievement working with large sales teams
- Strategic thinker, with proven ability to anticipate and plan for the long-term while achieving near term objectives
- Proven ability to create and form relationships at the Executive level
- Demonstrated success with C-level and multi-level selling Demonstrated leadership and management of multiple sales teams
- Demonstrated ability to use data to make informed business decisions, including territory allocation and headcount modeling
- Track record of success in B2B selling and managing sales teams
- Excellent presentation and written business communication skills; ability to lead meetings internally and externally and executive briefings
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, SFDC, marketing technology and software industry experience is a must
- Knowledge of CRM and demonstrated success creatively using opportunity management systems, preferably Salesforce.com
Marketing and digital experience teams at thousands of the world’s most admired companies rely on Airship’s Customer Engagement Platform to create deeper connections with customers by delivering incredibly relevant, orchestrated messages on any channel.
Founded in 2009 as a pioneer in push notifications, Airship now gives brands the user-level data, engagement channels, AI orchestration and services they need to deliver push notifications, emails, SMS, in-app messages, mobile wallet cards and more to exactly the right person in exactly the right moment — building trust, boosting engagement, driving action and growing value.