You are a technical and customer-focused person with a passion for solving complex issues while delivering amazing customer support experiences to customers of varying technical capacities. You are committed to solving problems, improving processes, and have an ability to read and write code. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and you are a driven self-starter. If you’re tenacious, inquisitive, diplomatic and supportive, you’ll succeed in this role.
- Provide world-class support by taking ownership of customer issues from initial contact to resolution. This includes gathering information, troubleshooting the issue, setting expectations with the customer, determining root cause, and ensuring that the customer understands the resolution
- Partner with the Product and Engineering teams to resolve advanced customer issues
- Troubleshoot issues with implementation of our products, which can include reading and analyzing code in a variety of languages
- Write documentation, knowledge base articles, and tutorials to improve the customer experience of Airship products and services
- Participate in the QA process of current and new products/services
- Contribute to the development of our support policies and procedures
- Assist with training of future team members by delivering training topics during onboardings of future TSEs
- Able to participate in our on-call rotation, and cover one weekend day on a weekly schedule
Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years in a Technical Support role or equivalent technical customer interactions
- Ability to navigate Mac OS X and leverage the command line
- Comfortable navigating issues across multiple platforms including but not limited to mobile, web, email, SMS
- Embraces ambiguity and applies their experience of utilizing tools and resources to gather more information and get to a resolution
- Enjoys coaching and supporting teammates with complex technical issues
- Able to quickly build trusting relationships with customers
- Can manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical customers
- Able to work in both a team environment and independently
(Please include a cover letter with your application about why you are interested in Airship and specifically our open Technical Support Engineer position)
Marketing and digital experience teams at thousands of the world’s most admired companies rely on Airship’s Customer Engagement Platform to create deeper connections with customers by delivering incredibly relevant, orchestrated messages on any channel.
Founded in 2009 as a pioneer in push notifications, Airship now gives brands the user-level data, engagement channels, AI orchestration and services they need to deliver push notifications, emails, SMS, in-app messages, mobile wallet cards and more to exactly the right person in exactly the right moment — building trust, boosting engagement, driving action and growing value.