Based in our London office, the Senior Marketing Manager for Northern Europe will play an integral role in shaping and executing the marketing strategy for Airship in Great Britain, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, the Netherlands, Belgium and more.
Reporting to our Paris-based EMEA Marketing Director, you will join an EMEA Marketing team of 5 and act as the Marketing lead for your region. Among your responsibilities, you will be in charge of planning, promoting, and executing the highest quality of events and webinars. You will be delivering lead generation campaigns that drive qualified leads in the sales pipeline, while making sure that our Northern Europe sales teams are well-resourced with the content, training, and knowledge of available assets to actively work and close deals. As part of your content marketing responsibilities, you will be building and sharing customer stories, blog posts, presentations, white papers, videos and other assets that will be used to attract visitors to our site, engage them, turn them into customers, and retain them. You will also be responsible for monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of all marketing and communication campaigns for your region as well as making recommendations for improvements.
As a fully integrated EMEA Marketing team member, you will be in touch on a daily basis with the Paris marketing team and work on EMEA-wide Marketing initiatives including, but not limited to, events, content creation and marketing, content localization, email marketing campaigns, lead gen and website updates.
Finally, and very importantly, as you are an experienced manager in public relations, you will act as our PR Manager for EMEA, working in direct relationship with our US-based Senior Director of Corporate Communications and managing our three PR agencies for the UK, France and Germany.
This essential role at Airship will require regular travels to France and other European countries.
About the Role
- Adapting Airship’s B2B marketing strategy to the Northern Europe market.
- Launching and executing our marketing programs in Great Britain, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, the Netherlands and Belgium.
- Researching and selecting industry trade shows and events.
- Securing the appropriate sponsorship level based on our objectives.
- Ensuring event logistics, services & shipping are handled on time and within budget.
- Planning and executing your marketing and communication plan in collaboration with our EMEA Digital Marketing Manager: marketing emails, website updates, social posts, blog posts, web push notifications, ads, retargeting, ABM…
- Working with our EMEA graphic designer on all required assets: booth designs, roll-ups, brochures, flyers, ads, website illustrations, email signatures, etc.
- Partnering with sales and SDR teams to drive on-site meetings.
- Planning dinners and other programs that support our attendance at key events.
- Providing remote or on-site support for our all of our staff members.
- Performing post-event interviews with staff after and analyzing events’ success.
- Keeping an eye open on event marketing best practices, approaches, innovations and technologies to be shared with key stakeholders across the company.
- Airship Owned Events (Forums)
- Researching and negotiating with the most exceptional European venues to host our owned Airship Forum events in the UK, the Netherlands, Denmark and more.
- Ensuring event logistics, services & shipping are handled on time and within budget.
- Identifying and contacting potential customer guest speakers from leading brands to invite and encourage them to share their inspiring case studies on stage with top marketing and digital decision makers from the most renowned European brands.
- Working with selected guest speakers to either fully create their presentation decks, or act as a support team member to guide them and help them craft their content.
- Preparing customers and Airship’s speakers for their presentation before the event: slide decks, speakers’ notes, round tables agenda, pre-event briefing.
- Coordinating all stakeholders before and during the event.
- Designing and executing an ambitious marketing and communication plan before and after each forum to ensure that they are all a success in terms of sign ups, attendance, satisfaction, sales opportunities created, etc.
- Managing sign-ups, registration confirmations, on-site check-in, etc.
- Supporting the EMEA Marketing team in the organization of monthly webinars.
- Helping create high quality presentation slides showcasing our leadership and customer case studies in a variety of industries.
- Setting up marketing programs that drive qualitative sign ups from your territory.
- Lead Generation
- Executing and maintaining effective marketing programs that support our objectives.
- Utilizing digital marketing tactics to generate qualitative leads, nurture existing leads, create upselling opportunities and increase brand awareness.
- Conducting market research to identify new lead sourcing opportunities.
- Liaising between Airship and external media vendors, including the gathering of creative specs for our EMEA graphic designer.
- Leveraging marketing automation tools & related technologies to increase demand.
- Providing regular reporting on KPIs and recommendations for improvement.
- Content Marketing
- Creating valuable content including presentations, speakers’ notes, customer case studies, white papers, social & blog posts, videos, marketing emails, etc.
- Helping localize marketing content provided by the US.
- Sales Enablement
- Providing our sales teams with the information, content, tools and processes they need to succeed at all stages of the sale.
- Acting as the main Marketing point of contact for our Northern Europe sales team.
- Public Relations
- Working in close relationship with our Senior Director of Corporate Communications to coordinate all of our EMEA PR activities including bylines, articles, press releases, HARO inquiries, industry awards, customer interviews, etc.
- Managing our UK, France and Germany PR agencies while ensuring that they are briefed ahead of time and that they understand what we want to achieve in terms of goals and expectations.
- Being our responsive EMEA point of contact to address urgent media requests.
- Supporting the EMEA Marketing Team in the execution of Pan-European marketing initiatives: content creation, setting up email marketing campaigns, website updates, lead generation, trade shows, owned events and more.
- Competitive Analysis - regular review of competitive landscape.
Skills and Experience
- 7+ years of experience as a B2B Marketing Manager, preferably for a SaaS / marketing technology company.
- Strong understanding of B2B marketing to drive customer acquisition and demand generation.
- Experience in organizing B2B events, both trade shows and owned events.
- Pan-European PR experience working with PR agencies.
- Excellent english written and verbal communication skills with an acute attention to grammar, consistency, and a strong ability to persuade a variety of individuals, including executives, customers and prospects.
- Experience using Salesforce, Marketo, Google Analytics and other Martech tools.
- Strong project management skills and strengths in managing multiple projects/deadlines; ability to set priorities and be flexible in changing environments.
- Work in close collaboration with sales, SDRs, product marketing, customer success teams and partners.
- Team-oriented, collaborative work style.
- You are curious, proactive, enthusiastic, creative, meticulous and a self-learner.
- Perfect english mandatory. Native-level Italian or Spanish would be greatly appreciated. French speaking capabilities are a plus.
- Experience working in a Pan-European team is a plus.
Founded in 2009 as a pioneer in push notifications, Airship (formerly Urban Airship) is a US company giving brands the user-level data, engagement channels, AI orchestration and services they need to deliver push notifications, emails, SMS, in-app messages, mobile wallet passes and more to exactly the right person in exactly the right moment — building trust, boosting engagement, driving action and growing value.
In January 2019, Airship acquired Accengage, continental Europe’s largest provider of mobile CRM and push notifications, to form the world’s largest digital customer engagement company.
Together, we work with many of the world’s most admired brands: Vodafone, BBC, McDonald's, Adidas, Zalando, Air France, Orange, Bankinter, AXA, NBC Universal, Europcar, Sky News, The Home Depot, Mondadori, Carrefour, BNP Paribas, ASOS, Le Monde, vente-privee.com, Rocket Internet, Telecom Italia, eDarling, Privalia, Nestlé, Meetic, KLM, Dafiti, SNCF, Sephora, Danone, L'Oréal, Chanel, Fnac Darty, Unicef, Lidl, Mundo Deportivo, FlixBus, Thalys and many more.