Marketing and digital experience teams at thousands of the world’s most admired companies rely on Airship’s Customer Engagement Platform to create deeper connections with customers by delivering incredibly relevant, orchestrated messages on any channel.
Founded in 2009 as a pioneer in push notifications, Airship now gives brands the user-level data, engagement channels, AI orchestration and services they need to deliver push notifications, emails, SMS, in-app messages, mobile wallet cards and more to exactly the right person in exactly the right moment — building trust, boosting engagement, driving action and growing value.
You are someone with an action-oriented mindset, a focus on exceeding expectations, and who operates with vision and integrity. You will play an important role in the development and completion of projects, meet and report back to upper management, plan and monitor work schedules, and work with multiple and diverse teams. Your responsibilities also include aligning engineering activities and projects with company goals and objectives, providing guidance and support, and maintaining positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
You build followership through exceptional leadership, communication and project management skills, years of management experience, and a belief in developing the skills and talents of others. You have experience in identifying and navigating organizational changes, a keen interest in international trends in engineering and collaboration, and an above average emotional intelligence.
- Develop and motivate top talent who are creative, collaborative, and results-oriented
- Collaborate closely with our Product Management, Program Management, and Design Teams as we plan and build the future of our product and strive to delight our customers
- Communicate clearly with your team as well as stakeholders of all technical levels
- Balance competing priorities with determination and grace
- Be a change agent by continually observing and pushing the team and broader organization to improve
- Push yourself to grow as a manager and leader through professional development efforts
Experience and Skills
- 3+ years of management experience
- 5+ years of technical experience
- Bachelor's degree within the engineering field
- Outstanding team building skills.
- Pride in building excellent products and user experiences
- Up-to-date knowledge of the industry
About Our Team
Backend Engineering at Airship is focused on distributed system design, development, and support. We provide low latency services that process a stream of events from both apps/web/mobile wallet/email/sms and internal services.
- Our backend infrastructure is built on the Google Cloud Platform.
- Our platform uses > 150 microservices that talk to SQL and NoSQL databases and handle an immense load.
- Engineers are involved in schema design, ownership of data semantics, and a lot of squinting at server metrics trying to puzzle out why database write latency spiked in the 99th percentile and moved the emphasis in “near-real-time” from “real” to “near.”
Technologies we use:
- Google Cloud Platform: Cloud SQL, BigTable, BigQuery, Pub/Sub, Dataflow, Dataproc, Datastore
- Most backend services are written in Java
- Service oriented architecture
- Metrics: Grafana and Prometheus
Come help us write the next chapter!