Are you passionate about working with bleeding edge mobile marketing technologies? Do you enjoy working with the most innovative mobile marketing teams and the leading brands in the world? We run a high capacity, fault tolerant, and horizontally scalable infrastructure. Urban Airship’s Sales Engineers play an instrumental role by providing highly technical assistance to ensure the sales team’s success. This position is customer facing so an ability to develop and maintain strong relationships is vital. The right candidate will be able to understand customer requirements and our products and then synthesize and translate that information into increased customer success and revenue.
Additionally, this position is critical to our business and operations in EMEA and will have the opportunity to grow the technical sales team out of our London and Paris offices.
- Provide technical expertise in sales opportunities (sales presentations, product demos, account strategy)
- Demonstrate the value of Urban Airship’s Mobile Engagement solutions to technical and non-technical prospects in a manner that is appropriate for the audience
- Assess the customer's strategic needs and uncover business requirements for Urban Airship solutions
- Provide clear, articulate answers to customer inquiries concerning Urban Airship’s Mobile Engagement solutions
- Provide project/team leadership in proofs of concept and upselling or growth opportunities
- Take ownership of and provide technical responses to RFP/RFI and Infosec reviews
- Work with Product Management, Product Marketing, and Customer Success to help identify market opportunity and product requirements based on customer and prospect feedback
- Work with Engineering, Product Marketing, and Sales Enablement to provide new product trainings and technical overviews for internal Sales teams.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or other analytical discipline
- 5+ years experience in a high-tech Sales Engineering type of role
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated experience in presenting to marketing and technology teams at all levels, both remotely and in person
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with digital marketing, mobile strategies, and mobile/web analytics a plus
- Up to 40% travel required
About Urban Airship
Urban Airship enables amazing brands to engage their customers in real time with highly targeted and valuable experiences. We’ve pioneered new channels and engagement strategies across mobile, email, SMS, push notifications and Digital Wallet, and developed a platform that delivers highly personalized and useful information to each customer, exactly where and when they want it.
Urban Airship’s digital growth platform was rated a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave Report and is used by many of the world’s most admired companies, including Adidas, Alaska Airlines, The Home Depot, NBCUniversal, Sky Media, and Zillow.