UrbanStems is a modern floral and gifting company designed for thoughtful people. Founded in 2014 in Washington, DC, UrbanStems has become a leader in the space with our expressive bouquets, plants, and gift options. From coast-to-coast next-day delivery to same-day courier service in NYC and DC, we are helping people stay connected.
Named one of the Inc. 500’s fastest-growing companies in 2019, UrbanStems has launched brand partnerships with Vogue, Bumble, JCrew, and more. We offer a collaborative and open working environment with ample opportunity to grow and learn.
Our Operations Associates are the backbone of the operation. By joining our Fulfillment Team, you’ll #SendHappy every day, ensuring on-time preparation so every step of the fulfillment and delivery process goes smoothly. This position is temp to permanent placement. The temporary period will be two weeks with the possibility of being brought onto the team permanently.
- Fulfill orders through our guided fulfillment system
- Flag potential problems with orders or products to leadership, and assist in solving any issues with guided fulfillment
- Inspect product quality and ensure inventories are accurate at the end of each day, which entails reporting sellouts, adjusting spoilage dates, and updating inventory spreadsheets as necessary
- Assemble boxes used for shipping products to our customers
- Upon receiving floral and non-florals; unpack, count, inspect, store, report and fix the quality of our inventory
- Collaborate with team members to focus on the best possible customer experience
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment, and clean your work area at the end of each day; handle all equipment efficiently and safely
This position requires being able to sit, stand, bend, reach below the waist or above the shoulders, and walk on a level surface or down stairs throughout the day. May be required to properly lift up to 49 pounds without reasonable accommodation. This position requires work in our walk-in coolers of temperatures ranging from 34-38 degrees Fahrenheit. Please be aware that you will be working with natural products that may cause sensitivity to people with allergies. Please wear comfortable, closed-toed shoes. Hand dexterity is a must; must be comfortable/able to hold multiple flower stems at once.
At UrbanStems, we’re proud of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we pride ourselves on hiring individuals who share our passion for enacting real change. Come join our team of talented and unique individuals, where authenticity is encouraged and celebrated. We welcome and employ individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We know the environment we’ve created at UrbanStems is a place to grow. If you don’t possess every single requirement you see on this posting but think you’d thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply today.