UrbanStems is a modern floral and gifting company designed for thoughtful people. Founded in 2014 in Washington, DC, UrbanStems has become a leader in the space with our expressive bouquets, plants and gift options. From coast-to-coast next day delivery to same-day courier service in NYC and DC, we are helping people stay connected.
Named one of Inc. 500’s fastest-growing companies in 2019, UrbanStems has launched brand partnerships with Vogue, Bumble, J.Crew and more. We offer a collaborative and open working environment with ample opportunity to grow and learn.
We’re looking for a Merchandising Associate to join our growing team with a focus on our floral category. In this role, you will have the ability to work closely with senior leadership, making a huge contribution to a rapidly growing part of the business. This is an ideal role for someone looking to join a national brand and become a valuable member of our future growth!
- Autonomously plan and execute photoshoots and design days; this includes but is not limited to scheduling, reaching out to designers, photographers and stylists, coordination of product samples, and assisting in product styling
- Complete ownership of product documentation, including developing, maintaining and presenting internal product guides complete with product specs, product cost and pricing information; create and maintain other documents such as the product development calendar and internal product information material. Examples include launching and run timing, care instructions, and stem counts; independently share and present content with cross functional teams such as Operations, Supply Chain, Ecommerce and Marketing
- Contribute to QCing floral products on the storefront after submission to the Ecommerce team
- Monitor product performance and collaborate with the product development manager in compiling sales and product quality data for internal stakeholders and external vendors
- Manage special projects such as competitive analyses and ad-hoc site merchandising initiatives; thereafter, related responsibilities involve presenting to the Merchandising Manager and/or other cross functional teams
- Ensure NPI timelines and key dates are met and relevant tasks are thoroughly completed
- Create SOPs, as needed, for new processes
- Research new bouquet design and concepts which are utilized in design pitches for seasonal assortments; aid in styling and design execution of product, while recording bouquet recipes for supply chain teams to execute designs
- Manage and streamline communications for product launches internally with the Operations, Supply Chain, Marketing, & Ecommerce teams
- Become an expert on our products to provide clarification to Operations and Care teams on product quality, care and handling instructions; this position will provide guidance on approved substitutions in floral products
- 2-3 years experience in buying, merchandising, or supply chain
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office or Google equivalent, especially Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Looker, Tableau and Google Analytics experience preferred
- Self-starter with impeccable attention to detail
- Strong analytical, communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to prioritize multiple projects and quickly adapt in an evolving environment
We value diversity at UrbanStems. We welcome and employ individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.