UrbanStems is a modern floral and gifting company designed for thoughtful people. Founded in 2014 in Washington, DC, UrbanStems has become a leader in the space with our expressive bouquets, plants and gift options. From coast-to-coast next day delivery to same-day courier service in NYC and DC, we are helping people stay connected.
Named one of Inc. 500’s fastest-growing companies in 2019, UrbanStems has launched brand partnerships with Vogue, Bumble, JCrew and more. We offer a collaborative and open working environment with ample opportunity to grow and learn.
We’re looking for a Customer Happiness Manager who will help us succeed in fulfilling our mission to #SendHappy. Our Happiness Team delivers exceptional customer follow-up, provides empathetic support and understanding during our customers’ most passionate moments, and ensures the entire operation is framed through the customer experience lens. This is a brand new position we’ve created, and we’d love for you to grow with us!
- Implement effective customer care procedures, policies, standards and best practices
- Utilize strong de-escalation skills to assist customers in need, resolving any escalated customer concerns in a timely manner
- Highlight trends and patterns from customer inquiries, injecting positive change across the business with creative tools to aid customers
- Develop customer satisfaction goals and growth/performance metrics, and hold the Happiness Team accountable to these goals
- Work with functional leaders to understand their key business metrics and improve performance against those measures via customer support; for example, partner closely with our development team to enhance and improve ecommerce processes for the best customer experience
- Identify and communicate any web content errors or issues quickly to the appropriate channels for immediate resolution
- Analyze and manage online fraud protection program and systems
- Create a continual learning environment by mentoring team members with a focus on professional development; hire and train new customer care agents, and develop weekly and hourly agent schedules based on business needs
- Manage budget relating to headcount and operating expenses for team operations
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 5 years experience in a customer care position, with several in a managerial capacity; managing an offshore team a plus
- Solid understanding of managerial best practices, building training programs, and demonstrated empathy and patience a must
- Demonstrated experience delivering exceptional service across email, web chat, SMS and phone
- 1-2 years experience as a Zendesk administrator required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel or Google Sheets, customer service software, databases, and CRM tools
- Must possess an impeccable attention to detail
- Strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to prioritize multiple projects and quickly adapt in an evolving environment
We value diversity at UrbanStems. We welcome and employ individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.