Founded in 2014 in Washington, DC, UrbanStems has become one of the nation’s leading online flower delivery companies. With a mission to #SendHappy, we’ve launched partnerships with major name brands including J.Crew, Bumble, and Vogue. We offer a collaborative, open working environment with ample opportunity to learn and grow.
We’re looking for a thoughtful, well-rounded, motivated, and experienced front end engineer to join our growing DC HQ or NY team. If you’re the right one for us, you take great pride in your work and are at ease working within an agile environment. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and achieve at new levels, collaborating with our small but ambitious, brilliant, hard-working, and fun team while contributing to our culture of success.
- Translate company and consumer needs into functional and appealing applications
- Contribute clean, clear, and high quality production code to the UrbanStems consumer-facing website as well as internal apps
- Improve the performance, reliability, and scalability of our current code and systems
- Collaborate with other engineers and stakeholders to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive software to enhance the user experience and ensure it’s as seamless as possible
- Provide value directly to UrbanStems’ customers as quickly, reliably, and accurately as possible
- Provide guidance and mentorship to less experienced engineers through code reviews, peer debugging sessions, and by contributing to guidelines and best practices for how we work
- You adapt to new technology quickly and are always looking for opportunities to hone your skills
- You have a desire to write clean, scalable, testable, and reliable software in a fast-paced work environment
- Experienced writing clean, accessible, performant, and beautiful HTML and CSS
- Empathetic to users, aware of what makes a great user experience, and able to put it into practice
- Strong ability to communicate effectively across technical and non-technical teams
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to shift gears quickly and effectively
- We’re a small, lean team; a desire to take ownership of tasks and projects is a must