UrbanStems is a modern floral and gifting company designed for thoughtful people. Founded in 2014 in Washington, DC, UrbanStems has become a leader in the space with our expressive bouquets, plants and gift options. From coast-to-coast next day delivery to same-day courier service in NYC and DC, we are helping people stay connected.
Named one of Inc. 5000's fastest-growing companies in 2019, UrbanStems has launched brand partnerships with Vogue, Bumble, JCrew and more. We offer a collaborative and open working environment with ample opportunity to grow and learn.
We’re looking for a thoughtful, well-rounded and motivated Merchandising Manager to join our growing Merchandising NYC team. This is an ideal role for someone looking to join a national brand and become a valuable member of our future growth.
- Partner with our product development director to develop and manage floral and non-floral assortment strategies that represent the tenets of the UrbanStems brand
- Keep abreast of trends in the industry/marketplace to identify opportunities
- Monitor and help to create selling reports; analyze past performance and extract learnings to guide future development
- Act as the lead for special projects such as customer surveys, vendor onboarding, and key stem planning
- Assist the product development director in compiling product quality data for internal stakeholders and offer recommendations on solution-ing
- Partner with the Supply Chain team to ensure inventory alignment and establish replenishment process
- Partner with product development director and e-commerce team to create and execute merchandising strategies
- Make sure product development timeline and GTM process are on track and inputs are met by all teams
- Project manage and streamline communication for product launches internally with the Operations, Supply Chain, Marketing, and Development teams
- Be an expert on the products we offer to provide clarification to operations and the customer care team on product quality, care and handling instructions, and provide guidance on approved substitutions in floral products & plants
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6-8 years relevant experience and 2-3 years experience managing a team; prior experience in buying, gifting, merchandising, and/or e-commerce preferred
- Strong desire and willingness to learn about floral and plant products. You don’t need to be able to name every flower or plant out on arrival but you will be expected to learn
- Self-starter who is not shy about offering ideas or solutions
- Phenomenal analytical and communication skill sets
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to shift gears quickly and effectively
- We’re a small, lean team; a desire to take ownership of tasks and projects is a must