Founded in 2014 in Washington, DC, UrbanStems has become one of the leading online flower delivery companies. In the past year, the brand has launched partnerships with major name brands including J.Crew, Bumble, and an exclusive partnership with Vogue. In 2018 UrbanStems expanded its original delivery zones from NYC and DC to all 48 states. In 2019, UrbanStems was ranked #385 on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing privately owned companies in the U.S. We offer a collaborative, open working environment with ample opportunity to grow and learn.
Role: Procurement & Supply Chain Coordinator
UrbanStems Mission: Inspire delight in our customers, team, and community.
Role Mission: To inspire delight in our customers, team, and community we need to build the best customer experience in gifting and the backbone of that is our operational proficiency. In this role, you will be responsible for initiatives relating to product, materials, and supplies utilized for order fulfillment.
The Procurement & Supply Chain Specialist will own procurement of fulfillment inventory, inventory tracking and control procedures, ensure on-time delivery of inbound shipments, and maintain optimal stock levels across all fulfillment centers. Additionally, this role is responsible for increasing inventory turns, and decreasing hardgoods and redistribution costs.
- Partner with Product and Business Intelligence Teams to understand upcoming product launches and anticipated volumes to assure inventory availability across all fulfillment locations
- Optimize inventory turns while retaining inventory to meet customer demands
- Execute and manage procurement plan and maintain inventory levels for all components & finished goods to meet customer and internal requirements
- Analyze usage history of stock items and market conditions to adjust the purchase schedules and order cycles.
- Evaluate vendor quotes; negotiate, maintain and update standardized agreements, contracts and standing orders with qualified vendors.
- Conduct vendor audits; lead evaluation of supplier capabilities, cost structures, risks and partnership potential to determine supply base
- Ensure forecasts and purchase orders are effectively communicated to suppliers.
- Collaborate with Executive Team to understand business priorities and translate them into supply chain strategies. Advise management as to any critical risk factors within the supply chain.
- Act as subject matter expert for inventory and provide guidance for audits, quality and supply chain requirements
- Arrange transportation requests of purchased products.
- Reduce costs and lead times, minimize inventory and lead times, identify and act on slow moving and obsolete inventory
- Maintain and update inventory tracking, MRP and cost tracking documentation
Work with Finance to ensure accuracy of vendor invoices against original POs