Founded in 2014 in Washington, DC, UrbanStems has become one of the leading online flower delivery companies. In the past year, the brand has launched partnerships with major name brands including J.Crew, Bumble, and an exclusive partnership with Vogue. In 2018 UrbanStems expanded its original delivery zones from NYC and DC to all 48 states. In 2019, UrbanStems was ranked #385 on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing privately owned companies in the U.S. We offer a collaborative, open working environment with ample opportunity to grow and learn.
Digital Creative & Content
- Create a strategy for communicating the Brand messaging through Art Direction, Design and Messaging that is innovative and aligns to the business goals of the organization.
- Strategically push the creative integrity of all campaigns and deliverables to position UrbanStems as a cutting edge brand in terms of content creation and campaign execution.
- Lead and manage the creative brand manager and floral designer to concept and produce best in class visual assets through photography, graphic design, and voice.
- Own and evolve the brand's voice across all areas of the customer experience including Product Copy, Packaging Blog Content, Articles, and Email/ Ad copyWork with the content manager to maximize the creative output of the team and identify new opportunities for growth
- Drive Creativity across all customer touchpoints - digital and physical
- Responsible for all Digital Creative and Content including campaign assets, product assets, blog articles, graphic design, video creation, ads, emails, etc.
- Conceptualize marketing and merchandising campaigns in collaboration with cross functional teams and bring them to life via strong creative strategy and execution
- Provide Art direction for photo and video shoots
- Oversee production including managing freelancers and agencies as needed
- Collaborate with in-house team and external teams including media and PR agencies to deliver creative assets to support campaigns across PR, Paid Marketing, and Social
- Develop a strong understanding of our Brand and align Creative execution and strategy to Brand strategy
- Provide design and creative support to enhance the overall website experience and partner with technology team on UX
- Manage Creative strategy and execution for new product launches including managing photoshoots, production, and working with merchandising, marketing, ecommerce, and supply chain teams to align on timelines and expectations
- Provide Creative direction for experiential marketing campaigns including events, outdoor displays, indoor displays etc. to drive PR. engagement and awareness
- Collaborate with Merchandising and Supply Chain team to create innovative Floral Designs that are unique, on-brand, and will meet the business objectives
- Manage team of in-house floral designer and external floral designers
- Manage Floral Creative process for Events and Custom business
- Align the Floral Designs with Digital Creative to create a cohesive look & feel for the Brand
- Develop a strong understanding of the nuances of floral design and provide creative direction on product substitutions
- Conceptualize new creative ideas and drive product innovation in collaboration with Merchandising
- 7+ years experience in Digital Creative or Floral Design either in an agency or with a consumer brand
- Experienced in creative execution, graphic design, art direction, production across physical and digital ecosystems
- Attention to detail, Proactive, and a very strong collaborator. Someone who can understand the business goals from different stakeholders, synthesize those goals, and create a compelling creative strategy and execution to meet the business objectives
- Preferably should have experience working with Digitally Native brands, Consumer, or Ecommerce businesses
- Comfortable managing direct reports as well as third party agencies, floral designers, and freelancers and balancing multiple projects and priorities together
- Candidate should be willing to stretch all the way from working with agencies to being super scrappy and creating innovative campaigns with relatively small budgets. Someone with a ‘let’s roll up our sleeves and get it done’ attitude.