Founded in 2014 in Washington, DC, UrbanStems has become one of the leading online flower delivery companies. In the past year, the brand has launched partnerships with major name brands including J.Crew, Bumble, and an exclusive partnership with Vogue. In 2018 UrbanStems expanded its original delivery zones from NYC and DC to all 48 states. In 2019, UrbanStems was ranked #385 on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing privately owned companies in the U.S. We offer a collaborative, open working environment with ample opportunity to grow and learn.
UrbanStems is looking for a Director of People Operations to help us continue to build a high-performing team in our growing organization. As Head of People Operations you will be responsible for for all human resources related activities, both on the technical side (benefits, policy, compliance, etc.) and the employee side (recruiting, culture, engagement). You will act as a champion for Company culture and will support the executive team and Company leaders, allowing us to scale quickly.
As a key member of the UrbanStems management team, this individual must be collaborative, and a strategic partner to the CEO and executive team. This position will be based out of our Washington DC headquarters.
- Lead open enrollment and benefits processes, as well as company strategy and budget for those benefits
- Ensures organizational compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Implement and manage a diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy.
- Supervises preparation of reports and applications required by federal and state agencies
- Oversee creation and updates of various HR SOP, policies, and Company Handbook
- Own the company strategy for recruiting and retaining employees, including recruiting, onboarding, people development & performance management, and compensation & employee appreciation
- Provide leadership on people related issues and policies across the company, both exempt and non-exempt
- Being a champion of Company Culture
- Communicate HR policy and change to all levels in the company and support business development and change
- Acting as a coach and advocate for our employees
Our dream candidate has:
- A Bachelor's Degree in HR, or HR certification (SHRM, PHR)
- 8+ years of HR business partner or generalist experience
- Experience in startups or fast-paced environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing a distributed workforce
- Experience managing both exempt and nonexempt employees