The Fulfillment Team
You can't buy happiness, but you can send flowers, and that's pretty much the same thing. That's why UrbanStems, an on-demand flower delivery service, was created: to spread happiness by making gifting fun and easy. UrbanStems offers fresh, seasonal bouquets starting at just $35 with personal touches, such as a handwritten note from the sender, delivery-photo confirmation, and free delivery. Visit www.urbanstems.com to learn more.
Operations Associates are the backbone of the operation - not only do they get gifts out the door, but they’re up-close and hands-on with each and every one. Working with the Operations Lead, you’ll #SendHappy every day, ensuring on-time preparation so every step of the delivery process goes smoothly. This is an entry-level position and is a great opportunity to learn about UrbanStems! You’ll gain hands-on experience working directly with every team in our family - from marketing and design to product or delivery, the operations team connects it all.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Gets gifts out the door - you’ll prepare and package orders, taking care to make sure the specifications of every gift is fully met.
- Directly own product quality in the Fulfillment Center - if it’s redressing floral arrangements or pulling stems so only those blooms that meet our standards, you have the green thumb and the keen eye for detail to do this.
- With the Inventory Control Manager and Warehouse Manager, manage physical inventory.
- You’re responsible for your Fulfillment Center’s mise en place - you’ll set the scene for the next hour, the next day, and the next week.
Essential Job Functions
- Must be able to bend and lift up to 49 pounds repetitively.
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time.
- Exposure to cool temperatures (walk-in refrigeration unit).
- Must be able to push, pull, squat, bend, and reach above and below shoulders. Repetitive use of hands.
- Must be proficient with office technology (printer, computer, internet browsers, software, etc)
- Punctual attendance is critical. Your timely, reliable and regular attendance is required.
- Evening, weekend and holiday work, as required. Must be able to work in a high-paced fulfillment center environment with strict deadlines.
This position requires being able to sit, stand, bend, reach below the waist or above the shoulders, and walk on a level surface or down stairs throughout the day. May be required to properly lift up to 49 pounds without reasonable accommodation. This position requires work in our walk in coolers of temperatures ranging from 34-38 degrees Fahrenheit.
Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This role is a part-time, hourly position. Standard hours of operation at the fulfillment center vary between Monday through Sunday, 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. You must be available to work a minimum of 12 hours per week.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Operations Associate. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice as the company deems necessary.