You can't buy happiness, but you can send flowers, and that's pretty much the same thing. That's why UrbanStems, an on-demand flower delivery service, was created: to spread happiness by making gifting fun and easy. UrbanStems offers fresh, seasonal bouquets starting at just $50 with personal touches, such as a handwritten note from the sender, delivery-photo confirmation, and free delivery. Visit www.urbanstems.com to learn more.
UrbanStems looking for an EVP of Operations to build a high-performing team in our growing organization. In this position, you will play a key role in building the entire operational strategy for our business, and be responsible for all operational execution, including of our on-demand and traditional next-day-ship locations. You will be in charge of building a culture of excellence, and training your managers. Strong communication skills, leadership, business acumen, and operations experience are required to aid in the long-term growth and success of our company. We are also looking for someone willing to roll up their sleeves and play an active role in execution.
As a key member of the UrbanStems management team, this individual must be collaborative, strategic partner to the CEO, as well as senior management across the team. This position will be based out of our Washington DC headquarters (we are open to candidates in NYC with a commitment to 50% travel).
- End-to-end ownership of our Supply Chain, from sourcing to procurement to fulfillment to logistics
- Day-to-day performance of all facilities – owned and 3rd party
- Growth and expansion strategy, that balances performance, scalability and cost
- Manage performance of 3rd-party facilities, in partnership with Supply Chain team
- Reporting on cost and efficiency KPIs, and obsessive focus on continuous improvement
- Owning and executing a flawless plan for peak periods, where volume is 10x normal daily volume
- Partner with all teams to drive revenue and profitability for the organization
- Own the budget for the entire ops organization
Our dream candidate has:
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in supply chain management or engineering)
- 10+ years experience in an operations management, across supply chain and fulfillment, including at least 2 years ecommerce experience
- Experience managing a team of 10+ individuals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills