Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $3 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
The Upwork Sales team brings our flexible talent solutions to large enterprises with an incredible platform. Within the Sales function is an enterprise success services team (professional services). This team currently consists of a solution architecture team (pre-sales) and an enterprise program success team (post sales for customer enablement and expansion). The Delivery team will consist of your team members' contributions who manage a portfolio of customer launches of Upwork's enterprise platform across a variety of industries. You will lead all aspects of standing up a customer on our platform. It will require a project manager-like mindset, with technology deployment experience. Given that this position is new, we are looking for a creative problem solver to help us shape our delivery methodology while bringing thoughtfulness and best practices to the team. You will serve an important role in the Sales organization where you will make a visible impact within our growing organization through solving complex problems for our customers.
- You'll play a critical role in scoping, designing, building and delivering relevant and compelling programs for Enterprise customers across a broad range of users, teams, and geographies
- You are comfortable leading complex customer engagements with multiple technical / non-technical work streams and working with customers to creatively solve difficult problems.
- You can demonstrate your ability to think out of the box to provide customers with solutions that will fit their unique needs.
- You possess a strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion while achieving the desired business outcomes.
- You're naturally curious, love learning new things, and are proactive in sharing knowledge with others.
- You have 5+ years of project management experience, preferably within a SaaS organization.
- You are able to present to stakeholders at a variety of levels within an organization.
- You're comfortable with juggling a portfolio of customers where launch activities might be overlapping, concurrent, and navigating conflicting priorities.
- You're confident, and you easily build relationships when working with your customers and internal partners.
- You have a proven track record of resolving issues and risks in a cross functional and collaborative way.
- You have excellent communication skills, both with customers and within an organization.
- Refine a customer centric product delivery and implementation process that factors in all stages of from planning, design, mobilization, pre-launch and launch
- Communicating to a customer about their expected contributions to our product before a contract is signed.
- Follow a launch methodology plan and guide a customer through the process successfully.
- Identify technical requirements through the design phase including workflow design, platform strategy, data workflow, system configuration, utilization of integrations and API's
- Acts as a driver for the delivery of the platform by coordinating, identifying and motivating cross-functional teams to execute a plan and leverage the most out of the platform
- Provides expertise and execution on project planning requirements including documentation, timelines, status tracking and project frameworks
- Ensures customer satisfaction and success throughout the implementation process while also balancing the ability to adjust throughout the process to ensure best execution
- Work closely with aligned account executives (pre-sales) and account managers (post-sales).
- Navigating complex problems to appropriate teams for resolution
- Applies implementation expertise to determine new solutions, opportunities or improvements for the Upwork solution and growth of the Sales organization
- Evaluates effectiveness of implementation practices and uses data, customer voice and other insights to create standard methodologies
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Experience with implementation work in a customer-facing team selling environment
- Experience working closely with sales teams to help win customers
- An innovation mindset with a person that is comfortable working in evolving and changing services and technology
- Proven execution of project implementation and management of a SaaS platform or technology consulting experience
- Experience driving projects with project management and CRM software
- An understanding of integrations and API's that feed to and from 3rd party systems
- An understanding of the order to cash process for billing and invoicing customers
- An understanding of HCM contract labor and workforce management practices
- Ability to develop a ground up delivery methodologies and collateral that would be used in routine for customers (project plans, process maps, tech requirements)
- Experience with change management (stakeholder management, communication, and training)
- Detail orientation around project planning, communication and execution of project work
- Proven experience identifying solutions and opportunities of enhancement based on observations of implementation processes and customer needs
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you'll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 19 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. And oh yeah, we've also got amazing benefits - including medical insurance for you and your family, unlimited PTO, 401(k) with matching, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and a generous Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about our benefits and the employee experience.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To learn more about how Upwork processes and protects your personal information as part of the application process, please review our Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice