Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
This is an engagement through Upwork’s Hybrid Workforce Solutions (HWS) Team. Our Hybrid Workforce Solutions Team is a global group of professionals that support Upwork’s business. Our HWS team members are located all over the world.
As a Senior Product Designer on the Teams team you'll work on a new capability where Freelancers can “team up” to take on complex projects. You'll collaborate daily with your product team partners (product manager, design manager, fellow designers, user researchers, engineering, analytics) as well as other team members to frame problems and take ideas from concept through implementation.
- Spend time learning about our users, building deep empathy for their needs, advocating for them and delivering impactful experiences that connect their goals to business context.
- Lead the design process end-to-end from facilitating collaborative problem alignment sessions to design jams and reviews
- Create designs that are thoughtful, bring value for users and are flexible across multiple touchpoints from desktop to mobile.
- Care about quality and the fine details of our product design, producing attractive solutions that encourage trust, connection, and joy!
- Work with our design system to ensure designs are in line with the Upwork brand and standards
- Strong communication skills. Be an active collaborator and strong partner in ideation and execution: promote new ideas, clearly communicate design decisions, challenge assumptions (all with kindness, openness and respect)
- Further strengthen our design team through mentorship, design critiques and knowledge sharing.
- Be resilient, determined problem solver and is strong across the board in product thinking, interaction, visual design, and customer empathy
- Have a growth mindset. Open to new ideas and in touch with the latest in product design
- Be a self-starter with initiative, creativity, and drive.
Must Haves (Required Skills):
- Proven experience solving user problems as part of software product teams. (5+ years)
- An outstanding portfolio. Please include a URL or PDF portfolio containing detailed UX case studies (minimum 3) as well as examples of strong visual design;
- Fluent English (speaking and writing)
- Able to work for 4 hours overlap during PST business hours
- Experience designing flexible, responsive UIs that are sophisticated for both desktop and mobile
- Able to design / prototype using Figma and use our component library and design systems experience
- Presentation skills - convincing and able to tell a story
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.