Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
One of our product principles at Upwork is to “Make our customers win big”. As the New Products Team, we are united around this principle. Our mission is to build delightful ways for companies and remote talent to engage with each other, get work done, and build trusting and long-lasting relationships!
In this role, you’ll work closely with our engineering, design, user research, and analytics teams to uncover unmet customer needs and address them with new product offerings. You’ll also partner closely with marketing to bring these innovative solutions to life while collaborating with operations on designing processes and tools powering the service element of our products. Matching clients with phenomenal talent is the heart of our business, so this role is essential for solving some of the most intriguing customer and business problems involving client and talent selection, matching, marketplace design, and building relationships, all in a new era of work!
- Partner with our relevant teams to strategize, design, build, and scale both newly launched as well as brand new products.
- Lead and partner with other product managers, designers, engineers, data scientists, analysts, ontologists, and product marketers to complete cross-product and cross-functional initiatives.
- Lead and develop product managers in the art of product management and the science of highly performant, fabulous onboarding and matching experiences.
- Drive proven results and new insights through continuous quantitative tests across the Upwork ecosystem.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Grit and acute ownership: This role has General Manager aspects. We take pride in driving outcomes and optimizing end-to-end experiences.
- Preference for writing is a plus - we are a memo culture - more so than slides, using written communication to sharpen our critical thinking.
- Experience with products with a service component: Some of our products have a service element that comes with operational dependencies. The ideal candidate will approach the operations team that powers our critical experiences with the same empathy and customer-centricity required to delight our external customers.
- Curiosity about search and recommendation products: The core of what we do is to match customers with the right talent so building simple but effective search interfaces and algorithms are crucial to our success.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also hire full-time employees in 19 states in the United States.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Careers page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.