Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
The Upwork Sales team brings our flexible workforce solutions to mid-market and large enterprises to help them adapt to the changing workforce. As a Business Development Representative, you will prospect for new business by phone and email, qualify existing leads, and book sales meetings for the Account Executive (AE) teams. You will work closely with a group of lead gen specialists, sales account executives, and marketers.
- Make 80+ outbound calls to connect with a variety of marketing-generated inbound leads and cold outbound prospects to generate interest in Upwork Enterprise Products
- Identify Enterprise opportunities within current book of business; Personalize your outreach to companies to generate leads, and utilizing tools including but not limited to LinkedIn, Outreach, ZoomInfo, and Upwork’s platform
- Achieve and communicate weekly and monthly commitment targets to senior leadership. Metrics to forecast include: dials per week/month, emails per week, connection % per week, meetings booked per week, meetings ran per week and number of accepted opportunities by the AEs you support per week
What it Takes to Catch our Eye:
- Ability to tailor messaging to prospective clients via written communication
- A growth mindset and openness to receive constructive feedback
- High degree of attention to detail and ability to prioritize time to meet weekly deadlines
- Experience with cold outreach or any outbound activity (LinkedIn messaging, emails, cold calls, outside/in-person selling) and use of technology tools such as Zoom, G-suite, customer relationship management tools, or applicant tracking systems
- Experience collaborating with internal colleagues and external partners throughout an organization
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 19 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.