Role: Technical Support Engineer
Location: Ireland, Isle of Man, Malta, Remote.
Nearly every company will tell you they are customer focused/centric or even obsessed, but what is important is how you demonstrate that, at Uptick Entertainment our entire platform has been built from the ground up, truly created with the customer at is centre. Uptick are led by team who are deeply passionate about both customer technology and gaming, having decades of experience in both areas. Uptick will be at the forefront of the next phase of online gaming, and if being part of this transformation excites you – read on:
Working as part of the IT Team we are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to support our efforts as we go through this period of rapid growth, driving a culture of customer first, people empowerment and improvement.
The successful candidate will be supporting our teams based all over the world. The right candidate will thrive in a fast moving environment with multiple priorities and supporting multiple teams while keeping our customers at the forefront of our efforts.
- Manage all service requests from the business, responding to tickets (Service-Desk/Jira, Slack) in a timely manner
- Managing the on-boarding/off-boarding process
- Keeping IT services running and secure
- Maintenance and monitoring of computer networks and systems
- Diagnosing and solving hardware or software issues
- Resolve technical problems with software applications or network systems
- Patch management tasks
- Automate routine tasks (PowerShell/Bash)
Key Skills & Experience
- 2+ years experience in a busy, technical support role (Level 2)
- Experience supporting a globally distributed team an advantage
- Experience supporting popular operating systems (MAC and Windows)
- Experience with Active Directory and System Administration
- Experience with Anti-Virus solutions
- Experience with Cloud Providers (AWS and Azure) an advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong administration skills with excellent attention to detail
- Highly organised and self motivated
- Results driven
- Experience in a Tech Start up or Gaming industry an advantage
Empathy: You care deeply about customers and employees and their experience. User delight is at the core of what you do, and every decision you are involved in will benefit our future teammates and customers
Natural Collaborator: People enjoy working with you, they see the value in what you deliver. You have experience of working in complex environments on major projects, and make it look easy.
Continuous Improvement: ‘OK’ is never enough. You are always looking for ways to make things better and understand the power of incremental gains, as well as the impact of the next big thing.
Force For Good: You act with honour and integrity, creating a fun and safe environment for our customers, colleagues and the community
To achieve our mission of revolutionizing the way people play – its critical we create an environment where everyone feels included; both customers and employees. We are striving to create an environment, where everyone feels listened to, safe, engaged and empowered, so they can bring their entire selves to work every day. We are committed to celebrating what makes you…you.