Role: Head of Corporate IT
Location: Ireland, Isle of Man, Malta, Remote.
Nearly every company will tell you they are customer focused/centric or even obsessed, but what is important is how you demonstrate that, at Uptick Entertainment our entire platform has been built from the ground up, truly created with the customer at is centre. Uptick are led by team who are deeply passionate about both customer technology and gaming, having decades of experience in both areas. Uptick will be at the forefront of the next phase of online gaming, and if being part of this transformation excites you – read on:
Leading our globally distributed IT function you will be designing and rolling out our Corporate IT strategy to the business, supporting our efforts as we go through a period of rapid growth, driving a culture of customer first, people empowerment and improvement.
The successful candidate will be supporting our teams based all over the world. The right candidate will thrive in a fast moving environment, be hands on and comfortable with multiple priorities and supporting multiple teams while keeping our customers at the forefront of our efforts.
- Lead and manage the overall IT function working across multiple teams and locations
- Working with the existing team members; lead and manage a world class team of professionals to support the business as we prepare to launch and scale into the future.
- Develop and implement a new Corporate IT roadmap, evaluating the existing infrastructure and services to ensure they are fit for purpose for a dynamic and fast paced organisation
- Oversee the installation and configuration of all hardware and software infrastructure
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance to all areas of IT services including management of internal systems, network, intranet, internal applications and helpdesk support
- Identify and undertake regular administration, monitoring and other operating tasks for fault-free infrastructure operations and the continual optimisation of the company-wide IT infrastructure
- Lead the organization through performance and process improvement, and setting overall budget and strategic direction
- Liaise with third-party vendors. Work with and manage the relationships to support software and systems currently in operation and keeping abreast of industry developments to best support the business.
- Lead on all aspects of data network and communications infrastructure.
- Be a Change Agent through organizational communication and motivation to continuously improve the technology department: instil both customer satisfaction and financial accountability at the level of each team member through strong process discipline of implementation, deployment and support
- Overall responsibility for all SLAs across all systems and organisations along with identifying IT department priorities and ensure resulting objectives are met in accordance with established timelines or deadlines.
Key Skills & Experience
- Minimum 10 Years experience, 5 years in an IT Leadership Role
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Professional certifications such as: ITIL, CRISC, CISM, CGEIT, CISA, AWS certs etc
- Experience with MS Windows domains, MS Exchange, information security and virtualization along with global vendor outsourcing models, including cloud and other managed services
- Knowledge of current and emerging technology, technology directions and strategic application to business needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the capability to clearly communicate ideas at all levels to achieve the required results
- Highly motivated and able to work on own initiative, while simultaneously motivating direct reports
- Excellent project management skills, including ability to effectively deploy resources and lead multiple projects of diverse scope in a multi-functional environment and have a good eye for business in managing budgets and costs, developing business cases, and delivering cost effective solutions
- Ability to think strategically is important as is culture building competencies, attention to detail and strong responsibility and accountability skills
- Experience in a Tech Start up or Gaming industry an advantage
Empathy: You care deeply about customers and employees and their experience. User delight is at the core of what you do, and every decision you are involved in will benefit our future teammates and customers
Natural Collaborator: People enjoy working with you, they see the value in what you deliver. You have experience of working in complex environments on major projects, and make it look easy.
Continuous Improvement: ‘OK’ is never enough. You are always looking for ways to make things better and understand the power of incremental gains, as well as the impact of the next big thing.
Force For Good: You act with honour and integrity, creating a fun and safe environment for our customers, colleagues and the community
To achieve our mission of revolutionizing the way people play – its critical we create an environment where everyone feels included; both customers and employees. We are striving to create an environment, where everyone feels listened to, safe, engaged and empowered, so they can bring their entire selves to work every day. We are committed to celebrating what makes you…you.