Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO)
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced MLRO to join an exciting global gaming start up. This will be a fast paced role with a company that will experience high growth in the next 12 months. Initially a remote working position, this role can be linked to any of our Europe Offices in Ireland, Isle of Man or Malta.
This is an exciting opportunity where you will drive AML best practice across the business having the responsibility for the day to day running of the AML function, ensuring compliance with the relevant legislation, regulations, rules, and industry guidance.
This role is one of the first employees into the business, so you will play a key role in shaping the overall strategy and objective of the AML function working closely with and reporting to Chief of Compliance. This role will be key to position the business and achieve - even exceed - the expected success.
Developing and managing all AML activities in the relevant markets including:
- Create and drive the AML strategy and ensure the business builds processes and procedures which are compliant with all relevant legal and regulatory obligations
- Having the oversight, delivery, and monitoring of the day-to-day operation of the AML risk-based processes
- Develop regular monitoring procedures and practices to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of internal systems of control and measures implemented
- Lead and support key projects and initiatives, and effectively communicate strategies across the team, department, and business
- Be the businesses AML champion, promoting employee awareness of their AML responsibilities and who the nominated officer and deputy officer are and what they are there for
- Create and own appropriate processes to log and evaluate internal SARs
- Where necessary make external reports to relevant regulators, giving reasons for the suspicion and background information
- Act as the main point of contact with all relevant authorities, dealing with both formal and informal requests for additional information
- Assess new product risks against current AML policies and procedures
- Develop appropriate training or communications to give employees clear guidance on what is suspicious activity and the necessary processes for reporting
- Compile an annual report covering the operation and effectiveness of the policies and procedures (including new policy developments) to combat money laundering
- Lead on any AML related audits by relevant authorities
- AML Qualification
- Extensive experience (5-7 years) in a similar position in online gaming
- Demonstrable experience in developing and maintaining an AML programme and culture within an international dynamic environment
- Able to communicate effectively across levels – both internal and external stakeholders
- Engage with and influence key internal and external stakeholders, and provide expert advice to support the strategic agenda
- Able to define, structure and prioritise workload for yourself and team, with the flexibility and capability to change when required
- Able to display a high degree of integrity, confidentiality, and discretion
- Attention to detail
- Excels in fast paced working environment
- Solution approach – having the appropriate balance between the AML and business needs of the company.