Senior UI/UX Designer
We're searching for a seasoned Senior UX Designer to join our team in Dublin/US.
We believe there is a smarter way to plan, manage and run customer facing operations for companies who sell via a subscription model. That’s why we train our AI-drive CRM system on your data, so you can truly understand what actions and activities lead to value creation, upsells and renewals.
As Senior Designer, you’ll be a good fit if you are self-motivated, highly collaborative, and a clear communicator. You have a rare ability to get to the essence of things, an acute attention to detail, and a real passion for crafting captivating end-user experiences quickly. You thrive in an environment with high levels of ambiguity and have a deep preference towards hands-on design.
As part of product team, the Senior UX Designer has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Have profound impact on the product. As a designer at Uptick, you will work on a small, tight-knit team alongside product managers and engineers. You'll be involved in the entire end-to-end design process: from early stage research and ideation, to implementation and continuing iteration.
- Planning, promoting, defining, and conducting or coordinating user research to truly understand our customers and users’ goals and needs. Leads usability testing, ideation sessions, design thinking methods and facilitation. Design thinking workshop facilitation experience
- Work with design and engineering teams across Uptick to create experiences that deliver on our customer promises. Experience collaborating closely with PMs, developers, designers, and other team members.
- Create end-to-end detailed design artifacts as a series of experience maps, storyboards, wireframes, and interactive prototypes. You’ll also deeply understand and fiercely advocate for the experience throughout all stages of the customer journey.
- Independently leading and driving large-scale design projects while establishing best practice methods and mentoring for the general design team.
- Independently leading multiple products as the design owner with production timeline(s), and contributing to project/product design requirements
- Rationalize and clarify ambiguous problems and design solutions that illustrate and illuminate variable outcomes.
You must have these skills and experience:
- 8-10 years of experience in UX, product or interaction design, with heavy emphasis on solid human centered design methods
- Experience with Enterprise SaaS or complex enterprise applications
- Extensive knowledge and experience in data visualization in complex, technical environments
- An inspiring portfolio showing us how you have researched and crafted great experiences, seeing them through to released product
- Ability to understand and distill complex problems into elegant, intuitive solutions
- Expert with Sketch, Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, or other design tools
- Ability to create interactive high-fidelity prototypes in Axure, Keynote, Framer, Principle or similar tools
- Ability to promote and champion your design solutions based on reason, research, and data
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and problem-solving skills to effectively work with multi-functional and multi-disciplined teams
- Obsessed with the relentless pursuit of UX perfection working inside an iterative and agile development environment
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision in a fluid, fast-paced, and agile environment
- Experience working with AI concepts and design practices
- Insatiable curiosity
- Deep understanding of design fundamentals and creative process
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- A passionate advocate for beautiful and useful experiences
- Confidence in presenting and promoting design solutions to Uptick Leaders.
- Collaborative by nature. We build on ideas and refine solutions iteratively, questioning and debating until we test with real people and learn how to improve.
- Humble, and without ego.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and flexible to change.
- Able to jump from whiteboard drawings to wireframes to high fidelity mockups, whatever is needed to articulate the concept and vision.
It'd be great, but it's not required, if you have:
- Comfortable rapidly prototyping testable designs to cast vision for new products for extended periods of time
- An understanding of and opinion about the tradeoffs between centralized design vs embedded design teams
- Knowledge or desire to learn about machine learning, artificial intelligence, and data science
- Experience working with hardware/software interactions
- Experience defining or working within a robust design system
- Experience working in a startup or in a lean startup framework
- Bachelor’s Degree in interaction design, cognitive science, visual design, graphic design, industrial design, product design, cognitive psychology, sociology, computer science or related disciplines