What We Do:
Uptake Canada delivers process driven SaaS applications that enable the complete operations of Industrial Equipment & Parts Sales and Service for a long list of verticals including Construction, Agriculture, Mining, Marine and Power Generation. When empowered with Uptake’s cutting-edge machine learning insights and recommendations, the result is a powerful platform that identifies sales opportunities that may be missed and customers problems before they happen, which ultimately generates greater revenue while saving customers money, time and lives.
What You’ll Do:
As a Quality Engineer, your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- As a Quality Engineer you will be responsible for increasing our test coverage, building and maintaining test case suites and our Automation code base.
- Work Independently as a fully engaged member of a SCRUM team, testing stories developed in the sprint.
- Support all testing activities related to manual and automation testing of stories developed in the sprint.
- Develop product knowledge of the application and use this knowledge to uncover defects and drive up test coverage.
- Create and execute test plans consisting of functional, system, regression and integration test suites.
- Build and maintain the test case, author test cases for various types of testing that will cover mobile applications, web applications and REST API.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to work effectively in a team-oriented collaborative environment.
- Perform system level regression testing to ensure product readiness for release cycles.
- Work with Product stakeholders and engineers to ensure all the aspects of the application have proper test coverage and overall system reliability, performance and quality standards are met.
- A passion for improving the quality of product, with at least 5 years experience testing Web and Mobile applications in a cloud or on-premise environments.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experienced in scripting and/or programming languages with demonstrated ability to write deterministic automation scenarios.
- Experience writing Java code, implementing coding best practices and design patterns.
- Understanding of structure and usage of RESTful web services.
- Experienced with JIRA, Jenkins, Git and Bitbucket.
- Experienced in backend testing.
- Working experience having automation integrated with CI/CD pipeline(s) is a plus.
- Ability to work quickly and collaboratively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to demonstrate ownership and accountability through self-directed task management.
- Ability to manage time to balance exploratory/session-based/scenario-based testing and automation development commitments, all while helping your team meet their sprint commitments.
- Prior experience with Appium is a plus.
Why Work Here:
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way.
Preferred Location: Greater Toronto Area
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.