What We Do:
Uptake is an Industrial AI company with a unique collection of proven data science models, deep industry expertise and a comprehensive library of industrial asset data. Together, our products empower you with new knowledge that can rapidly improve business performance, optimize spending and reduce operational risk faster than any other industrial analytics company can deliver.
We make information more accessible and actionable in order to improve operations, augment human decision making and drive rapid industrial-scale optimization.
What You’ll Do:
We are seeking an experienced individual to lead Agile Operations as a chief of staff to the Head of Product. This person will drive multiple high-impact initiatives –from scaling our roadmap process, to honing how we measure and track the customer benefits delivered by each team.
This role will work cross-functionally to improve/create practices to guarantee successful collaboration among all teams connected to the product lifecycle, e.g., the people who are building the product –product managers, directors, project managers, R&D, and engineering, as well as go-to-market roles like product marketing, enablement, sales, customer support, security, DevOps and services.
It is one thing to focus on building the product, but another thing entirely is making that process much smoother. This role will be responsible for those operational aspects by implementing/tailoring well-thought-out systems, continuously applying operational discipline to foster efficiency, and create a clear path for teams to perform under the best possible circumstances.
This will also entail serving in a Senior Scrum Master capacity, to coach and educate team members, ensuring the agreed agile processes are followed, shielding the teams from non-value-add activities and urgently resolving/eliminating blockers. Creating those connections and fostering a high-performing team dynamic is critical to strategy formation, communications, and detailed execution.
This role will accelerate product delivery for customers and set us up for a new level of scale as we grow. Your personal leadership touch will leave teammates inspired by your ability to solve big problems and roll up your sleeves to dive into the details.
- Coach the team on agile values and principles, ensuring the purpose and spirit of Scrum is understood and the team adheres to the theory, practice, and guidelines. Promote product, technical, and personal improvement by supporting innovation and creating seamless development and experimentation processes. Support the team by removing impediments that they cannot resolve themselves. Lead the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
- Train the Product Managers/Directors/Owners in effective backlog management and planning to maximize business value, ensuring optimal execution in cadences and communication. This will involve the standardization of business processes, such as planning, budgeting, and reporting to facilitate and streamline product development.
- Provide leadership in efficiency, bringing sound business sense, experience, and judgement from all levels to the key strategy components by analyzing and understanding OKRs and performance metrics in alignment with industry trends, business plans, and overall operations. Manage the product tech stack to ensure effective employment of resources.
- Collaborate to facilitate delivery of high value products and services in an empirical environment. Coach team on organizational awareness at all levels, helping them to understand the “why” of business changes, potential impacts, and supporting data. Oversee product quality assurance and identify opportunities.
- Exemplify and promote servant leadership, continuous learning, and agile values and principles to help the organization understand how to apply the processes and framework for maximum effect, fostering a continuous improvement team culture and growth to high performance.
- Partner with Product leaders to scale and optimize operations, accelerating progress and product delivery towards company initiatives/mission in a timely and high impact manner.
- You will have a voice at the table where the key product decisions get made. You will be expected to understand and be comfortable surfacing both business and technical factors or immovable objects to senior leadership with recommended paths forward and be accountable for driving those ensuing actions.
- 7+ years of experience in product/technical/engineering management/leadership in an Agile/Scrum environment, delivering customer-facing or SaaS products in a regulated industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related STEM field (science, technology, engineering or mathematics).
- Deep understanding of:
- Best practices and industry standards.
- Overarching regulations and compliance requirements.
- Security, infrastructure, and operations.
- Change management.
- Software/secure development life cycle.
- Ability to be hands-on for different stages of implementation and tracking of results with a track record of mentorship, communication, execution, and optimization.
- Experience in optimization and administration of a broad array of tools and integrations in support of product development and corporate applications.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Solid analytical, research, and comprehension skills.
- Reputation as an empathetic role model with an understanding for what it takes to build teams to build products for customers and doggedly proactive about reducing barriers as a servant leader.
- Ability to execute day-to-day in a highly collaborative way, equipping teams to become inspired and productive, getting things done.
- Certification/training in process improvement (Lean Six Sigma, Agile/Scrum).
- Demonstrable experience in managing priorities against varying needs of customers, sales, and SI partners.
- Ability to lead/coach all parties involved in product development, and explain to an appropriate level of detail, when necessary.
- Experience in asset intensive industries (energy, chemical, oil, gas) and their unique scaling needs and risk profiles.
- Critical thinking skills to quickly make and measure decisions during planning and execution.
- Knowledgeable of the data and work processes that surround enterprise Digital applications.
- Graduate degree such as MBA, STEM or equivalent advanced degree/s.
- Exude the confidence to leverage intuition to translate the unknown opportunity into an actionable plan.
Why Work Here:
We build and deliver, then explore to build more. Curiosity and flexibility enable everything we do, and we get stronger as we make each new industry smarter. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences to solve problems no one has yet to solve, at a speed, no one has yet to experience. We support and challenge one another to bring out a new best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. or Canada
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.