What We Do
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures, and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths — machine learning, analytics, data visualization, and software development — with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is an enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial-grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
What You'll Do:
As Practice Director, Uptake Hosting, you will be responsible for establishing a highly effective and efficient practice to support Uptake Hosting implementation of our commercial-off-the-shelf products and solutions (including third party partners) for our clients. This encompasses the support of the current AWS-hosted clients and the future Azure-hosted clients.
In this role, you will be managing a team of cloud-deployment and support specialists who will work with our account executive and pre-sales team on “qualified” opportunities across multiple industries, our professional services on projects and our products team on roadmap and enhancements. You will need to work with our VP of Application Delivery and other practice directors to build a highly effective and efficient team that can scale to support the demand for our products and professional services.
You will be accountable for quality of service related to your practice across multiple projects, which will be reflected on our bookings, revenue and margins. You need to ensure consistency on our delivery by establishing robust standards and processes to support sales, products and projects. As part of this practice, we will develop a methodology to support:
- Our analytics capabilities in transitioning from data science model development to operationalization in a client-tenant environment, and future support of maintaining the data science models
- Our solutions capabilities as we expand into other sectors so we can manage the deliverables according to client specification in a more consistent manner, before full deployment into a client-hosted environment
- We are also anticipating that many of our clients will want to have a hybrid approach whereby some products that are part of the solution will be deployed on client’s environments and some other products will be deployed on Uptake-hosted environments
Each of the other practice directors will work with you to develop proper methodologies for transitioning from Uptake-hosted environments to Client-hosted environments in Microsoft Azure or hybrid implementations. As such, you will need to also demonstrate great collaboration, leadership and service delivery skills as you need to develop strong relationships and credibility with internal functions and customer teams. We are seeking an individual who is intellectually curious, has excellent communication and writing skills, and has a strong willingness to learn and apply knowledge creatively. Ultimately, this person is a self-driven individual who can lead and develop a consistent practice.
- Establish a community of practice to capture and expand best practices and reference architectures for cloud deployment of our products in Uptake-hosted environments
- Establish a framework for provisioning and monitoring Cloud resources and our products
- Develop onboarding tools for your practice, sales, and project delivery teams
- Responsible for resource skill development, planning, and coordination to ensure we are able to support Uptake hosted demand from sales to projects
- Create sales qualification checklists, standards, and guidelines for scoping definition, estimations, and project delivery
- Lead client communications and expectation setting on related scope and art of the possible with our products on an Uptake-hosted environments
- Ability to avoid any customization in our products and look for creative ways to deliver functionality with low to no code requirements
- Able to translate business and technical requirements to various stakeholders
- Coordinate and lead cross-functional team engagements to ensure needs and expectations are translated accordingly to customer needs
- Work with pre-sales and account executive teams on RFI and RFP responses
- Work with our products and professional services team to define delivery strategies to help mature our products while delivering successful projects, this may involve third-party technologies that may fill the gaps of our products
- Work with our professional services to capture and develop best practices on project delivery and execution
- Document common requirements across multiple projects to help prioritize products enhancements
- Builds trusted relationships and is able to influence and collaborate across various functions, including sales, professional services, and products
- Escalate operational challenges to VP of Application Delivery
- Maintain cross-organizational alignment to accomplish program deliverables, vision, and objectives
- 7-10 years of experience hosting products on SaaS model hosted by Uptake
- Experience building high performing teams in a product-centric environment
- Demonstrated experience managing complex relationships and SaaS-related projects
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be hands-on and flexible
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, planning, leading, and execution of teams successfully
- Ability to think creatively and develop non-traditional solutions to complex business challenges
- Expertise in hosting products and solutions in Azure Cloud Environments
- Expertise in transitioning products and solutions from AWS to Azure Cloud Environments
- Technical and/or engineering related experience
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. or Canada
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.