Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures, and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths — machine learning, analytics, data visualization, and software development — to deliver actionable insights that make the industry more reliable, productive, safe and secure.
What You’ll Do:
As the Senior Director of Human Resources you’ll report to the Chief Operating Officer and be responsible for creating and executing Uptake’s people management and development strategy:
- Directly manage the HR team, further developing the Business Partner practice and developing our HR talent as the business continues to grow
- Build out and oversee Talent Acquisition to ensure a pro-active workforce plan and recruiting strategy is in place and well-executed.
- Build out and oversee execution of annual HR processes/programs: performance management, talent assessment and reviews, individual development planning, and merit and promotion cycle.
- Provide executive coaching with a focus on strategic advice, counsel, and consultative solutions to various leaders on the people-management aspects of their business.
- Drive organization development, team effectiveness and employee engagement solutions that improve business performance.
- Develop reporting and provide data analysis that helps to solve complex business problems, with an emphasis on Workday as the system of record as well as other systems.
- Lead the design and delivery of HR programs to bring effective solutions to the business and put HR strategies into action.
- Acquire and maintain in-depth knowledge of the Company Operating Plan, including but not limited to the workforce plan, budget, product and professional service offerings.
- Act as the advocate for and lead the talent management and development plans for the business with a focus on enhancing the quality of leaders and managers, building skills and capabilities of the workforce, and improving succession bench strength.
- Ensure that training and development plans and strategies are aligned with the overall business goals and objectives.
Successful candidate must possess:
- Change management, organization design and development and team effectiveness
- A focus on talent acquisition in a fast growing, technology company
- Ability to adapt, be an agile leader, while also building sustainable processes
- Be an advocate of building an open, transparent and agile culture, with a people first focus
- Exceptional people skills, including the ability to work effectively with a wide group of stakeholders
- Ability to lead and coach leaders who are working in a highly complex market
- Ability to develop and execute strategies to support a dynamic and geographically dispersed business unit.
- Strong credibility as an HR advisor to senior executive levels
- Ability to analyze data and interpret into action plans.
- 10+ Years of HR experience, with extensive business partner experience
- Experience working within a technology company
- Prior experience with ADP Workforce Now
- Prior experience leading change efforts within a fast-paced, geographically dispersed business, with rapidly shifting skills/capabilities required.
- Organization and team development experience; strong history of delivering solutions and strategies for solving hard business problems.
- Prior experience with acquisition integration preferred
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including Women@Uptake, Pride@Uptake, Science@Uptake, Parents@Uptake, and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.