What We Do:
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures, and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths — machine learning, analytics, data visualization, and software development — to deliver actionable insights that make industry more reliable, productive, safe and secure.
What You'll Do:
As a Cloud Operations Support team member, you’ll proactively monitor and respond to all alerts related to the Uptake cloud presence and its services. You will provide first-level triage and action in resolving incidents or failures to Uptake products and services. Coordinate responses to escalated incidents, and capture information and timelines of responses for further investigation. Respond to support requests and execute change requests related to Uptake infrastructure and supporting services. Review and patch infrastructure and services to maintain compliance and security requirements. Actively improve tools, monitoring, automation, and documentation as time allows to help maintain a resilient and reliable Uptake environment.
- Respond, acknowledge, resolve and successfully close alerts
- Create, update, and monitor dashboards around critical systems and services
- Record and support incidents for future analysis
- Escalate incidents to appropriate engineers and stakeholders
- Build and support reliable and resilient infrastructure and systems to support our products
- Provide proactive monitoring, support investigation into incidents, analyze and provide actionable insights, and drive problems through to resolution
- Provide on-call support and escalation path for potential outage impacting incidents and root cause analysis
- Maintain and expand technical documentation of processes and procedures
- Knowledge of AWS and Azure Cloud Technologies
- Experience with Linux and Windows OS
- Knowledge of automation tools; Terraform or Chef and Jenkins
- Experience in a scripting language or other development skills
- Experience with operating Docker containers and Docker orchestration tools; Kubernetes preferred or Mesos/Marathon
- Knowledge of Application Performance Management (APM) tools or similar tooling means; New Relic, AppDynamics, or Dynatrace
- Knowledge of network stack protocols
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.