What We Do:
The Uptake - Dealer and Heavy Equipment division delivers process driven SaaS applications that enable the complete operations of Industrial Equipment & Parts Sales and Service for a long list of verticals including Construction, Agriculture, Mining, Marine and Power Generation. When empowered with Uptake’s cutting edge machine learning insights and recommendations, the result is a powerful platform that identifies sales opportunities that may be missed and customers problems before they happen, which ultimately generates greater revenue while saving customers money, time and lives.
What You'll Do:
We are looking for Mid to Senior level mobile engineering talent who are capable of translating abstract ideas into functioning features within a mobile app. As a Software Engineer in Mobile Android you'll be part of a team that will help build the next generation of applications addressing our customers business needs while leveraging Uptakes platform to impact change. We strongly promote innovation and collaboration throughout our engineering team, and are committed to helping Software Engineers find the perfect balance of productivity and personal growth.
As a Software Engineer - Mobile Android, your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developing native Android applications that help our customers business
- Performing code reviews, developing and adhering to coding standards
- Keeping updated on Android development best practices
- Interfacing with the creative team, project managers and other internal teams
- Taking feedback from team members and incorporating that into daily workflow
- Maintaining open communications on current project status, risks and challenges
- This position will sometimes require after-hours and weekend availability.
- 2+ years demonstrated technical strengths in Kotlin, Java & Android SDK
- Advanced software design skills, including object oriented design, design patterns
- Experience developing Unit testing in Android Studio
- Experience working with Android Jetpack libraries.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work using Agile methodologies
- Ability to work quickly and collaboratively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, product delivery environment
- Experience with API & Data modeling
- Excellent understanding of Material Design guidelines
- Experience working with offline mode applications.
- Experience with CI using Bitrise / Jenkins / TeamCity
- Experience with Angular, React, Redux, Immutable.js, Rx.js, Node.js or equivalent is a huge plus
- Nice to Have: Familiarity with Swift, UIKit, the patterns and human interface guidelines for Apple platforms
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.