Uptake’s vision is to create a world that always works: One where the machines and equipment we depend on daily don’t break, and industrial companies are once again the creators of economic growth and opportunity.
Uptake is a leading provider of industrial artificial intelligence (AI) and IoT software. We use data science to turn data into outcomes, empowering industrial companies to digitally transform their business. We combine data analytics and machine learning with deep industry knowledge to unlock the power of data for the global industrial sector – enabling our customers to get the most out of their critical assets and drive new revenue streams.
Uptake’s Corporate Development team is responsible for revenue generation outside of our direct sales channels. We are a lean, agile group of individuals who work collaboratively to develop and execute strategic efforts around partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, business development, and competitive intelligence in close alignment with Uptake’s CEO and Board of Directors.
What You’ll Do:
As a Research Analyst on the Corporate Development team, you will support the teams internal workstreams and external engagements through in-depth research and analysis. You will work closely with the Corporate Development Associate and interface with senior leaders across the company to help drive Uptake’s growth strategy.
Typical day-to-day tasks include:
- Responsibility for collecting, organizing, and analyzing opinions and data to solve problems, explore issues, and predict trends
- Leading the research and identification of M&A opportunities and strategic partnerships, working closely with stakeholders across the company
- Expanding and maintaining Uptake’s library of competitive intelligence and market research in support of both the Corporate Development team’s M&A Partnerships activity, and the business
- Supporting key aspects of the corporate development process, including strategic analysis and due diligence
- Contributing to high-impact discussions about the company’s vision and strategy
- Following a strict code of ethics and protecting any confidential information at all times.
- Writing proposals and delivering presentations when required.
The ideal candidate brings the following qualifications and experience to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or another field you’re passionate about
- 2-5 years of proven experience in research field
- Strong knowledge of database management
- Experience with (and proclivity for) data-driven decision making
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Interest in artificial intelligence, industrial IoT, growth strategy, and corporate development
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.