Uptake’s vision is to create a world that always works: One where the machines and equipment we depend on daily don’t break, and industrial companies are once again the creators of economic growth and opportunity.
Uptake is a leading provider of industrial artificial intelligence (AI) and IoT software. We use data science to turn data into outcomes, empowering industrial companies to digitally transform their business. We combine data analytics and machine learning with deep industry knowledge to unlock the power of data for the global industrial sector – enabling our customers to get the most out of their critical assets and drive new revenue streams.
Uptake’s Corporate Development team is responsible for revenue generation outside of our direct sales channels. We are a lean, agile group of individuals who work collaboratively to develop and execute strategic efforts around partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, business development, and competitive intelligence in close alignment with Uptake’s CEO and Board of Directors.
What You’ll Do:
Reporting to the SVP, Corporate Development, the Corporate Development Associate will provide tactical support for the team’s internal workstreams and lead the strategy and execution for various external partnership and acquisition opportunities.
Typical day-to-day tasks include:
- Analyze Uptake’s strategic objectives and identify, recommend, and pursue M&A/P prospects that can meet those objectives
- Support all aspects of the corporate development process, including strategic/financial analysis, valuation, due diligence and negotiation
- Serve as program manager for cross-functional teams (commercial, prod/tech, and business operations) working to ensure close alignment on deals before, during and after close
- Organize, maintain, and contribute to the pipeline of corporate development opportunities
- Conduct market research to identify and educate Uptake executives on new, innovative technology trends and markets, with a focus on recommending high-potential investments
- Perform ad hoc analyses, strategic market research, and financial modeling as needed
The ideal candidate brings the following qualifications and experience to the table:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance, business, or another field you’re passionate about
- 3-4 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, or corporate development at a high-growth start up
- Experience executing M&A (preferred) or strategic business development deals, ideally in the software or industrial technology space
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills with financial modelling experience building operational, acquisition, and growth models and pro forma financials
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with experience delivering executive / board presentations and updates
- Proclivity for fast-paced, results-oriented work environment
- Passionate about artificial intelligence, machine learning, and industrial IoT
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.