What We Do
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures, and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths — machine learning, analytics, data visualization, and software development — to deliver actionable insights that make the industry more reliable, productive, safe and secure.
What You’ll Do:
Uptake is seeking a collaborative, competitive, detail-oriented self-starter to lead sales efforts for our Government product in the State and Local Vertical, from prospecting and qualification to closing deals. The ideal candidate will build relationships with fleet managers, executive stakeholders, and market influencers to establish and expand Uptake’s market-leading fleet management product suite by bringing the power of artificial intelligence (AI) and predictive analytics enabled by the Internet of Things (IoT) to mid-sized and enterprise customers. Deal sizes range from $200k to $1M plus and typically involve proofs of concept, multiple stakeholders, multi-faceted pricing negotiations, and selling to executive- and C-level individuals.
- Plan and execute all aspects of a targeted sales program including end-to-end ownership of customer engagements
- Receive leads from our Pre-Sales team while also generating your own prospects through strategic outbound prospecting
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key accounts and market influencers and manage communications with targeted accounts
- Build Uptake’s brand and market presence and be a role model of Uptake’s cultural principles (performance, pride, purpose, accountability, and clarity) as we scale across the world
- Gather market feedback to improve Uptake’s product suite and provide strategic guidance to Product, Technology, Industry, Sales, and Marketing teams
- Display stellar negotiation and demo skills; both from a storytelling (day in the life of) and technical depth perspective to closing deals
- Accountable for exceeding personal sales quotas based on corporate revenue goals
The successful candidate is passionate about data-driven problem solving — an independent thinker comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a rapidly expanding technology organization. Someone who thrives in an environment directly in front of customers, as well as someone who enjoys working closely with Uptake engineers and data scientists on creating an insights- and outcomes-driven platform solution for our customers.
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of experience successfully selling and growing Enterprise software sales to State & Local Governments, with particular experience working at various state capitols
- Experience working with S&L various departments to understand their business needs, technical challenges and having an ability to influence and guide purchasing decisions based on product/solution market fit
- Superior knowledge of S&L markets and procurement process, with repeated successes navigating to successful contract award
- Ability to demonstrate products and explain concepts to a business and technical audience by leveraging strong communication skills with a proven capability to translate complex technologies for different target groups
- Understanding of S&L Budgets , working with Prime Contractors across various departments of the government necessary to identify robust applications for Uptake software
- Familiarity with and knowledge of IoT software, including government technical requirements (Gov Cloud, FedRAMP, etc.)
- Deep domain expertise in Transportation (Fleet, Auto OEM, Rail) and/or IoT Platforms with a clear understanding of potential challenges faced across the value chain
- Understanding of how data can be leveraged for analytics and predictive maintenance in industrial verticals
- A collaborative mindset and a track record of building successful relationships with colleagues and customers
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for AI/ML with Industrial IoT
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including Women@Uptake, Pride@Uptake, Science@Uptake, Parents@Uptake, and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.