What We Do
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures, and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths — machine learning, analytics, data visualization, and software development — with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is an enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial-grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
What You Do:
Uptake is seeking a high-energy, collaborative, detail-oriented self-starter to lead sales efforts for our Fleet product, from prospecting and qualification to closing deals. The ideal candidate will build relationships with fleet managers, executive stakeholders, and market influencers to establish and expand Uptake’s market-leading fleet management product suite by bringing the power of artificial intelligence (AI) and predictive analytics enabled by the Internet of Things (IoT) to mid-sized and enterprise customers. Deal sizes range from $20k to $200k and typically involve proofs of concept, multiple stakeholders, multi-faceted pricing negotiations, and selling to executive- and C-level individuals.
You should be an energetic evangelist passionate about introducing a transformative new technology into the market. Ideal candidates should have a track record of over-achievement (e.g., organized sports, academic achievements, extracurriculars) and be comfortable selling into all levels of an organization across technology and business lines.
- Plan and execute all aspects of a targeted sales program including end-to-end ownership of customer engagements
- Receive leads from our Pre-Sales team while also generating your own prospects through strategic outbound prospecting
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key accounts and market influencers and manage communications with targeted accounts
- Build Uptake’s brand and market presence and be a role model of Uptake’s cultural principles (performance, pride, purpose, accountability, and clarity) as we scale across the world
- Gather market feedback to improve Uptake’s product suite and provide strategic guidance to Product, Technology, Industry, Sales, and Marketing teams
- Display stellar demo skills; both from a storytelling (day in the life of) and technical depth perspective
- Accountable for personal sales quotas based on corporate revenue goals
The successful candidate is passionate about data-driven problem solving — an independent thinker comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a rapidly expanding technology organization. Someone who thrives in an environment directly in front of customers, as well as someone who enjoys working closely with Uptake engineers and data scientists on creating an insights- and outcomes-driven platform solution for our customers.
- 5+ years of experience in a full-cycle, closing sales role in enterprise software sales or fleet management
- Willing and comfortable with strategic outbound prospecting
- Strong qualitative and quantitative skills, and the ability to grasp new domains quickly
- Deep understanding of concepts and technologies behind big data and predictive analytics, especially in a fleet management setting
- Ability to demonstrate products and explain concepts to a business and technical audience by leveraging strong communication skills with a proven capability to translate complex technologies for different target groups
- Organized, highly motivated individual with excellent customer communication, sales and pre-sales capability, and presentation skills
- Some regional travel required
- Bachelor's degree
- Deep domain expertise in Transportation (Fleet, Auto OEM, Rail) and/or IoT Platforms with a clear understanding of potential challenges faced across the value chain
- Firm grasp of key industry pain points in the fleet management industry and current market landscape
- Understanding of how data can be leveraged for analytics and predictive maintenance in industrial verticals
- A collaborative mindset and a track record of building successful relationships with colleagues and customers
- An entrepreneurial spirit, sense of humor, and a passion for AI/ML with Industrial IoT
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including Women@Uptake, Pride@Uptake, Science@Uptake, Parents@Uptake, and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.