What We Do:
Uptake is a Chicago-based predictive analytics SaaS platform provider that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
Technical Program Manager
A Technical Program Manager manages complex technical projects for our customer engagements and will manage all project work streams including Engineering, Solution Management, Data Science, and Training, among other teams required to meet the needs of the project. This requires a deep understanding of relationship dynamics, understanding the SDLC, and proven expertise in technical project management. The Program Manager is responsible for engaging with a wide variety of teams to ensure successful delivery and execution of contractual obligations. This individual is intellectually curious, has excellent communication and writing skills and has a strong willingness to learn and apply knowledge creatively. Ultimately, this person is a self-driven professional who can lead in a coordinated way to manage stakeholder expectations and deliver successful results.
- Works with functional team to create project plans and detailed schedules
- Create and manage project budgets and resource allocations
- Schedule meetings and work closely with team members to monitor progress
- Clearly and methodically organize business needs into projects and build detailed projects plans for all work streams
- Monitor working team members’ progress against project plans and provide feedback to the team members and management
- Estimate staffing levels, labor hours, and timelines to complete complex platform delivery projects
- Identify critical path and provide input on strategic staffing allocations that help meet on-time delivery
- Communicate and collaborate with other managers and contractors
- Prepare and deliver weekly progress updates, prepare project plans, and update team members internally and externally
- Work closely with all work streams to ensure successful completion of complex projects on-time and on budget
A successful candidate will have:
- Requires a minimum of 5 years in a project management role
- Preferred a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an engineering role
- Demonstrated experience in software development and/or leading software development projects
- Requires successful team management experience in complex projects
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple processes and priorities effectively. Proven ability to lead large projects effectively using project management tools.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral, including ability to navigate potentially challenging situations both internal and external to the business.
- Ability to quickly assess assigned task requirements, identify potential challenges, and communicate effectively in order to expedite the successful execution of assigned work.
- Ability to work within team environments.
- Ability to thoroughly proofread documents
- Strong computer skills, i.e. Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Visio/Smartsheet/MicrosoftProject, etc.
- Highly self-directed team player
- PMP certification preferred