What We Do:
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures, and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths — machine learning, analytics, data visualization, and software development — with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is an enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial-grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
What you’ll do:
Uptake is seeking an experienced, energetic, driven individual ready to make an immediate impact as a Systems Administrator in the IT Operations department. In this position you will take on all matters of support responsibilities through Jira Service Desk tickets as well as take on challenging project work to deploy, upgrade, automate, and document internal tools, systems, and processes. You can expect anything from helping users with troubleshooting their laptop to deploying a new VOIP solution. You should be a detail oriented technician with excellent communication skills who enjoys being a team player. The ideal candidate should be an incredible troubleshooter and have a proven track record of forward thinking in a way that prevents issues and improves existing solutions.
- Maintain international office infrastructure
- Repair and image employee laptops
- Provision and support VOIP telephony, telepresence, and AV equipment
- Support wired and wireless networks, and our VPNs
- Document and expand our knowledge base and best practices across all things IT
- Support both OS X and Windows
- Automate and support infrastructure for patching, OS upgrades, and software deployment
- Automate routine service desk tasks such as user management/provisioning and access management
- 3 years of experience solving problems and making improvements in a computer-based environment
- Excellent communicator, a trusted liaison to internal customers
- Comfortable working and prioritizing under pressure with multiple tasks
- Detective-like ability to troubleshoot and resolve challenging issues
- Demonstrate a positive, optimistic approach to problem-solving
- Passionate about technology and making it easier for others
- Programming/scripting experience, preferably Bash and PowerShell
- Detail oriented, proven self-starter
- Degree in Computer Science or additional relevant experience
- Experience with the following technologies: Google Apps, Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, JAMF, Jira, Confluence, BetterCloud, Okta, Cisco, PaloAlto
- Extensive experience in technical project work
- Knowledge of virtualization administration with VMWare
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.