What We Do
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial customers and partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for every user of Uptake’s industrial applications and enterprise AI and IoT platform. In the end, we help solve our customers hardest problems, help them re-image their businesses in an AI-first world, ultimately capitalizing on the promise of the digital transformation.
What You’ll Do:
As the Platform Product Manager : Data Integrity, you will lead out driving the vision and product plan to accelerate and scale the data ingestion capabilities for the Uptake Platform. You will bring a strong Point of View on how ingestion works for AI/ML and how we manage disparate data sets across the Industrial and Enterprise segments. As part of the platform product leadership team, you’ll work closely with our Customers, Customer Success (Professional Services) and Applications team to define and continually evolve our data ingestion capabilities. As a Product Leader, you bring a strong sense for how we build and partner in this space bring the best for what the ecosystem has to provide - across OT, IT and 3rd party data sources.
- Work intimately with the Platform Engineering and Product teams along with representatives from Customer Success and Application teams to scope, refine and build the products that align to clear customer outcomes
- Advocate internally on product and technology strategy related to data connectivity and ingestion in Platform (inclusive of edge)
- Become a company-wide expert in the customers of your product.
- Lead individual opportunity discovery processes, including market opportunities, user/customer research, and prototyping to identify, evaluate and define products and features that are valuable, usable, and feasible.
- Participate in and help lead the continued evolution of the product management organization and related processes.
- Participate in product architecture and design discussions
- Collaborate with designers and researchers to define user experiences
- Track and benchmark the performance of Uptake platform’s data ingestion and pipeline performance to identify possible improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, EE or ECE
- 4 to 7 years working across both development and software product management roles
- Experience developing data connection, ingestion and transformation products
- Experience developing and launching software products in a cloud environment
- Execution-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced, loosely structured environment
- Expertise in master data management and data structure modeling
- Subject matter expert and product expert in API based products
- Experience analyzing data and writing SQL queries
Nice to have:
- Ambitious self-starter with a passion for making technology enterprise-ready
- A demonstrated obsession with competitor research
- Familiarity with Asset centric data and industry communication protocols of various kinds
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to make real-time autonomous decisions when conditions change, based on an understanding of the user context, business objectives, and client needs
- Fluency with user-centered design, service design, and collaborative execution paradigms
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including Women@Uptake, Pride@Uptake, Science@Uptake, Parents@Uptake, and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.