What We Do
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial customers and partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for every user of Uptake’s industrial applications and enterprise AI and IoT platform. In the end, we help solve our customers hardest problems, help them re-image their businesses in an AI-first world, ultimately capitalizing on the promise of the digital transformation.
What you’ll do:
You will be the senior security leader at Uptake tasked at continuously improving the security postures while reducing risk in an ever changing threat landscape. You will be leading a team of seasoned security practitioners across multiple and unique functions focused on Product Security and Corporate IT Security. You’ll interface with other senior leaders to obtain buy-in and feedback on your vision and goals for maturing the established program. You will also find yourself working in a client / public facing capacity in both public discussion on security at Uptake and during the client engagement process.
- Security Strategy / Culture
- You will drive the future of Uptake’s security program to anticipate future threats by working with your team to map out a vision and rolling roadmap of risk reducing activity.
- You will be the security cultural ambassador and cheerleader to encourage active participation in the security program from all employees.
- Risk and Compliance
- You will be responsible for the active maintenance of the company’s security risk register and reporting top risks and remediations to executive leadership and the board.
- The company has achieved ISO 27001 compliance and maintaining this certification is paramount as a business currency with industrial customers.
- You will also be responsible for the maintenance, evolution and enforcement of the companies security policies.
- You will lead all future compliance and security certification efforts.
- Security Operations / Threat Management
- Uptake has multiple offices, data centers, and cloud environments. The security of these environments including the security architecture of new environments falls under your area of responsibility.
- The security monitoring of all of these environments falls under your area of responsibility.
- Application Security
- Uptake maintains a robust and mature Secure Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) which includes training, development monitoring, static code analysis, dynamic code analysis, penetration testing.
- You will lead the vision for Security in SDLC including the specification of analysis tools, execution of penetration tests and risk assessment.
- You will be responsible for the management, resolution, reporting and security bug tracking across all of Uptake’s products.
- Incident Response
- You will engage with a team that is responsible for the monitoring the entire Uptake environment and reacting to each and every alert.
- When a security alert is escalated into an actual incident, you will be responsible for being the executive leader for coordinating and incident response plans.
- 15+ years of experience leading security teams at an enterprise software / SaaS company
- Technical understanding / mastery of the areas of responsibility across multiple security domains
- A foundational understanding of cloud computing and the security risks associated with deploying and managing microservice architecture
- Experience tracking security metrics and mapping them to business outcomes
- Experience working with senior business leaders internally and externally
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and proven ability to influence externally and internally
- A curiosity for driving accelerated solutions in the industrial space
- Comfortable in internal/external client facing engagements
- Demonstrated ability to influence both up and across at a super-charged high growth company
- Industrial experience
- Involved in the security/infosec community
- Managing security professionals with a hacker mentality
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including Women@Uptake, Pride@Uptake, Science@Uptake, Parents@Uptake, and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.