What We Do
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial customers and partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for every user of Uptake’s industrial applications and enterprise AI and IoT platform. In the end, we help solve our customers hardest problems, help them re-image their businesses in an AI-first world, ultimately capitalizing on the promise of the digital transformation.
What You'll Do:
As part of the industry and partnership team you will lead the federal business helping to define the industry strategy, offerings and engagement with our US Federal teams. In this role, you will work hand in hand with sales, marketing, customer success and engineering to execute on defined federal programs leveraging the Uptake portfolio, as well as partners.
Your experience leading cross functional teams to win is critical and your prior expertise either building solutions for or having had worked in the federal space will be instrumental in navigating and delivering readiness solutions for our different programs. Your business and technical acumen will serve you well to deliver the right outcomes and solutions for our customers.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or related science preferred. MBA also preferred
- 10+ years of experience in federal having solutioned, built and or sold to the federal government
- Experience working with federal and the various agencies to understand their business needs, technical challenges and having an ability to influence and guide purchasing decisions based on product/solution market fit
- Acute understanding of IoT and the opportunity to create value with data and analytics
- Prior experience building businesses to scale with a keen appreciation for building repeatable product/solutions
- Creating and inspiring a shared vision of success
- Developing the strategic plan and helping refine our approach to the industry
- Define and drive the federal government segment strategy and execution
- Manage and grow our key partners in in federal across GTM and technology partners
- Be well connected in the industry, with the ability to leverage those relationships to develop new business opportunities and deliver excellence for our clients
- Strong business acumen – able to understand business risk and challenges, and recognize corporate opportunities
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in product software development
- Strong track record in project management and leadership
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including Women@Uptake, Pride@Uptake, Science@Uptake, Parents@Uptake, and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.