What We Do
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial customers and partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for every user of Uptake’s industrial applications and enterprise AI and IoT platform. In the end, we help solve our customers hardest problems, help them re-image their businesses in an AI-first world, ultimately capitalizing on the promise of the digital transformation.
What You’ll Do:
As a Designer, you will bring to life ideas, design, execute and produce innovative concepts and solutions. As part of our Brand Design team, you will collaborate closely with our Strategic Business Development team focusing on high-value proposals. The ideal candidate thrives in high-pressure, fast-paced environments and can take a kernel of an idea and rapidly scale it into a proposal or prototype. This individual is self-motivated, takes challenges head-on and explores new approaches to solve problems.
- Collaborate on sales and marketing materials that communicate business innovation and value
- Transform high-level ideas into concept-driven solutions
- Lead and own projects from concept to final product
- Design materials for both print and digital distribution
- Design and build interactive presentations
- Develop materials that express the Uptake brand
- Manage multiple projects with critical deadlines
- 5-7 years experience in design or design-related field
- Strong experience in print, presentation, and brand expression
- Outstanding typographic skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office/Google Docs
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Driven, curious self-starter
- Ability to prioritize and execute rapidly
- Experience with prepress, production and working with vendors
- Experience in IoT, AI, and analytics especially in the industrial verticals
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including Women@Uptake, Pride@Uptake, Science@Uptake, Parents@Uptake, and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.