What We Do
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior UX Concept Designer, you will be responsible for working closely with the sales team creating a vision for the buyer. This role requires understanding target buyer needs, product requirements, UX approach, and business strategy, as well as contribute to creation of high-quality, interactive products. You will understand content with the intent to improve experience, improve processes and improve services delivered to the buyer. You will be a valuable input in building a platform that supports workflows across multiple verticals of industry and ensures our users capture the immense value from our solutions.
Some of the things you may find yourself doing
- Working through the entire design process using methods like sketching, storyboarding, diagramming, wireframing, and prototyping for screen-based experiences
- Focusing on consistency and looking for areas of reuse in UX patterns from existing products and platform
- Maintaining project momentum and keeping projects on track
- Making timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints, and risks of a project or task
- Defining problems and drawing conclusions based on information in written, oral or diagram form
- Managing multiple priorities and meeting tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Accurately assessing and estimating work
- Communicating to cross functional teams
- Resolving conflicts independently and in a diplomatic manner
- Being flexible and cool under pressure with the ability to shift as priorities pivot
- Highly motivated and organized
- Naturally curious and willing to share work/findings
- Thorough and detailed oriented in work
- Articulate and clear in communicating process and decisions in work
- Bachelor’s degree in visual communication, graphic design, human computer interaction, other relevant degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years real world experience working with cross functional teams
- Experience working within or partnering a sales team creating designs focused on the buyer
- Proven track record in designing for the executive buyer
- Experience in implementing patterns and reusability within and across products
- Demonstrated use of UX principles of interaction design, especially around workflows, information hierarchy and data visualization
- Comfortable conducting secondary research to support concepts
- Experience with Axure, Invision, Sketch, and industry standard design tools
- Experience designing complex systems, web-based enterprise applications and tools
- Experience designing interactions for touch and mobile devices
- Experience designing responsive layouts
- Experience working on a multidisciplinary UX team
- Knowledge of CSS/HTML
Submit resume, work samples and/or links to your work
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including Women@Uptake, Pride@Uptake, Science@Uptake, Parents@Uptake, and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.