What We Do:
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial customers and partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for every user of Uptake’s industrial applications and enterprise AI and IoT platform. In the end, we help solve our customers hardest problems, help them re-image their businesses in an AI-first world, ultimately capitalizing on the promise of the digital transformation.
What You Do:
As the Director of Product Marketing, Uptake Platform, you will own the positioning, messaging and go to market strategy for our enterprise AI and IoT platform. You are a results-driven enterprise software platform product marketing leader with a track record of successfully launching and maintaining SaaS platform products and solutions. You have extensive experience in cloud technology, you’re creative and energetic, and you are an all-star communicator. You care deeply about customers and are manically focused on understanding their needs. You bring that knowledge back into the rest of the organization and use it to develop compelling value propositions.
- Lead the creation and execution of the Uptake Platform GTM strategy
- You studiously analyze customer needs and how they make buying decisions, and use as a foundation for our value proposition and positioning.
- You monitor the activities of competitors and take measures to stay ahead of the pack
- Create and deliver powerful sales enablement content and training to the sales teams to successfully compete and win business
- Expand company-level competitive content, including product specific content and collateral suitable for sales, partners and end-user consumption
- You are an evangelist inside and outside the company on behalf your product and customers. Act as a spokesperson for Uptake with press and analysts.
- Partner with the rest of the marketing organization to build and execute high impact programs.
- Test product concepts with prospective buyers, identify and nurture beta customers to assess and test products
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 7 years experience in product marketing for enterprise SaaS platforms or solutions
- Experience managing and creating the whole spectrum of sales and marketing tools and collateral (websites, presentations, sell sheets, white papers, case studies, demos, and training materials) to communicate our value proposition to customers and partners
- Expertise in translating technical content and product information into useful materials for non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to influence both up and across at a super-charged high growth company
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Experience in IoT, AI, Big Data, and analytics, especially in the industrial verticals
- Technical background rooted in product strategy
- Extensive experience in selling and supporting a platform offering
- Having worked across multiple industries
- Superior analytical, organizational, and execution skills
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including Women@Uptake, Pride@Uptake, Science@Uptake, Parents@Uptake, and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.