Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America. We have delivered over $24 billion in affordable and responsible credit over the last 5 years. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1600 talented and dedicated professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
About the Role:
What You’ll Do:
- Execute functional/performance tests by spinning up disposable environments on demand to deploy microservices with different versions and configurations, and customize database content
- Develop test automation at the pace of feature development utilizing our functional and performance test frameworks
- Customize, configure, patch services, and deploy infrastructure and code changes all the way through to production
- Analyze log files and troubleshoot production issues by automating and reproducing them in a non-production environment
- Plan, create, and implement strategies/solutions for feature validations and test automation
What We Look For:
- Ability to develop test automation in Java using Selenium to utilize Integrated Development environments (IDE) such as IntelliJ or Eclipse
- Experience in deploying services in various environments such as Kubernetes, using deployment tools like ArgoCD and Jenkins
- Capability to improve efficiency of existing test infrastructure using Docker, Selenium and headless browser executions
- Familiarity with log aggregators such as SumoLogic, Kibana, or Splunk, and app monitoring tools such as Honeycomb, or Grafana
- Passion for automating tests and delivering high quality features in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable working in Agile methodology
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Paid parental leave
- Health & wellness initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.