Moving is one of the most universally relatable problems. Everyone has moved at least once and everyone thinks moving is painful. Updater is solving that pain at scale. We’re a well-funded and growth-focused company, with technology that touches nearly 50% of all household moves in the US annually, and we’re growing quickly.
Are you looking to join a company where teams put hiring first, and you can clearly see the impact of your work? Well, we might have the perfect role for you! We have big plans for team growth and in building out our internal talent acquisition team, we are looking to add our first Talent Operations team member who can bring their expertise, creativity, curiosity, and vision to oversee recruiting operations and programs at Updater. As our Talent Operations Lead, you will be a key partner alongside Talent and People Ops team members as well as hiring stakeholders in the design and iteration of strategies and programs that directly impact hiring success and candidate experience.
About the Role
- Partner closely with recruiting leadership to build and streamline scalable and efficient processes, identify and resolve operational roadblocks, and promote best practices for using our tools to track the most accurate recruiting data
- Manage existing vendor relationships and renewals
- Identify recruiting solutions that make the hiring process more effective and efficient
- Proactively manage our hiring tech stack and make recommendations to support continuous improvement from a usage and ROI perspective
- Serve as a coach to the Talent team on operational best practices by creating training and resources for our recruiting team, new leaders, and interviewers as our operations evolve and scale
- Partner in creating innovative approaches to acquiring talent by researching, implementing, and measuring the effectiveness of new programs, platforms, partnerships, and tools.
- You bring 3-5+ years of experience scoping and delivering operational solutions and programs to Talent organizations
- You ‘get it’ when it comes to recruiting best practices. You have knowledge of successful recruiting processes in high-growth environments and it's likely that prior to shifting into operations, you may have been a recruiter, coordinator, or sourcer.
- You are very knowledgeable when it comes to Greenhouse ATS and have worked on things like building reports or dashboards using Greenhouse data and creating processes and flows that maintain data integrity.
- You're proficient with report building in Excel and/or Google Sheets. And if there’s something you haven’t built before, you have the curiosity to learn or figure it out.
- Whether formal or self-taught, you have project management experience with a focus on Talent and/or People Operations
- You're known for your patience for ambiguity, determination, intellectual curiosity to figure things out, an authentically collaborative mindset, and a sense of humor as strong as your sense of urgency. Let’s nerd out, accomplish great things, and have some fun along the way!
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly forward mail, transfer utilities, connect TV and internet, and much more. Thousands of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $200 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest-rated tech company on the list, and ranked #7 in 2018. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.