Why don’t marketers like trampolines?... They’re scared of high bounce rates!
If this made you painfully chuckle and *smh*, you’re perfect for this role.
Updater’s Notifications Platform team is responsible for conveying how Updater helps users save time, money, and stress when going through the third most stressful life event – moving! We’re looking for a technical email/multi-channel marketer and platform expert to execute marketing communications with our users, supporting multiple product verticals. We leverage Iterable which is an ESP built on top of Sparkpost. Those with experience in other similar ESPs (Cordial, Salesforce, Braze, Marketo, etc) are encouraged to apply.
As our Operations Manager, your mission is to turn campaign ideas and experimentation plans into action while working closely with other members of our Product and Data teams. You will own the daily email/multi-channel communications operations of our user-facing product organization to ensure that campaigns and workflows are completed and deployed on time. You’re responsible for applying email best practices and guiding our marketers, engineers, and product managers on how best to unlock the full value of our current tool of choice – Iterable. You’ll assess challenges and think critically to devise solutions. You will work closely with stakeholders across marketing, product, data, and engineering to manage and deliver marketing and transactional notification programs through email, web push, retargeting, and SMS.
This role sits on our Product team, and our Notifications Platform team – a growth focused team dedicated to delivering an engaging user experience, executing against statistically significant experiment results, and constantly seeking to discover new means of value for all users. Our ideal candidate is a multi-channel expert with an emphasis on email, and technical campaign management as well as orchestration building experience. The ideal candidate will also have knowledge of transactional/marketing email best practices, self-motivation, and a strong sense of personal accountability.
About the Role
- Oversee the day-to-day execution of our notification programs, focused specifically on email, as well as retargeting, SMS, and push
- Identify, implement, and track meaningful tests to improve one-off emails and journey campaigns. Executing tests and experiments will be a prime responsibility.
- Own campaign production from end-to-end, ensuring our communications are received by the right users, at the right time, with the right content
- Carry out advanced QA, segmentation, and management of campaigns
- Work independently to execute campaigns and troubleshoot technical issues
- Establish, maintain, and optimize processes for campaign operations
- Demonstrate the power and value of email and multi-channel communications using creative brainstorming, critical thinking, and problem-solving
- Implement personalization, referral, and retention programs
- Analyze and communicate results including key performance metrics
- Maintain ownership of the notifications and email operations tech stack
- Empathy: you strive to see the world from our users’ point of view in order to anticipate their needs
- Humility: you have an opinion, but aren’t afraid to be proven wrong, and are open to suggestions on what tool or technique is best to most efficiently solve a problem
- Strong Communication: you have optimism and a forward-looking attitude with a clear, inspiring communication style
- Comfort with Ambiguity: you’re used to being asked open-ended questions and whittling them down to questions that can be answered by hard data
- Relevant email operations experience at a Series A - D startup, or similar
- A proven track record of 2+ years in multi-channel campaign production and execution in Iterable, Cordial, Salesforce, Customer.io, ActiveCampaign, Braze, or other top-tier ESPs
- Strong proficiency with HTML/CSS.
- Experience with Handlebars, Smarty, PHP, or another templating language is a big plus.
- Ability to analyze datasets and interpret email data, dashboards, and relevant metrics to optimize programs and engagement
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work under real-time change requests
- Ability to handle opposing priorities with tight deadlines, and communicate priorities to stakeholders
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly forward mail, transfer utilities, connect TV and internet, and much more. Thousands of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised over $200 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest rated tech company on the list, and ranked #7 in 2018. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.