Moving is one of the most universally relatable problems. Everyone’s done it—and everyone knows how frustrating and painful it can be. Updater is helping people take control of their moves so they can feel at home faster. We’re a well-funded, growth-focused company with technology that touches nearly 50% of all household moves in the US every year. And we’re growing quickly.
As the product marketer in charge of our core mover experiences, you’ll be on the front lines working with stakeholders across the organization to successfully position and launch some of Updater’s first mobile offerings, build cross-functional alignment across initiatives as the organization grows, and launch key campaigns that drive sustained mover value, positive sentiment, and business success.
About the Role
- Build strong product positioning, winning narratives, and integrated marketing strategy across the Updater mover app and emerging products to ensure we’re delivering customer value and clear understanding
- Drive go-to-market plans, working closely with product leaders and teams across the company to determine effective launch strategy and communications sequencing
- Collaborate with Research and Data Science to generate break-through quantitative, qualitative, and competitive insights
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering to define the strategy and roadmap for ongoing product innovation
- Tackle complex challenges with a strategic mindset and create thoughtful action plans with Product and cross-functional leadership
- Empathy: You strive to see the world from your audiences’ points of view in order to anticipate their needs — and you embrace the diversity of their experiences and needs
- Strong Communication: You’re as comfortable talking with our CMO as you are with our Director of API Engineering, and you can clearly articulate your ideas and plans in structured, clear, and compelling writing
- Go-to-Market: You’ve launched and scaled consumer apps, products, or services for well-known consumer technology brands.
- Outbound Marketing: You’ve developed and driven analytically rigorous online and offline marketing campaigns that grow business through engagement and acquisition
- Inbound: You’re well-versed in working with insights and analytics teams to define audiences and uncover key insights that unlock product innovation and marketing impact
- Strategy: You’re a master at synthesizing insights from research, product data, and marketing test results to build considered integrated strategy
- Cross-Functional Leadership: You excel at building process and driving alignment across multiple stakeholders (Product, Data, Research, Design, Brand, Communications, Partnerships, and Business — just to name a few)
- 5-7 years experience as a high-performing marketer inside fast-paced, scaling consumer companies
- Managerial experience preferred
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly forward mail, transfer utilities, connect TV and internet, and much more. Thousands of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $200 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest-rated tech company on the list, and ranked #7 in 2018. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.