Are you passionate about finding the right tech talent to effectively grow a business? Do you love building collaborative and ambitious teams? Are you looking to join a company where teams put hiring first, and you can clearly see the impact of your work? Well, this might just be the perfect role for you then! We have big plans for team growth and need to build out our internal talent acquisition effort.
Moving is one of the most universally relatable problems. Everyone has moved at least once and everyone thinks moving is painful. Updater is solving that pain at scale. We’re a well funded and growth-focused company, with technology that touches nearly 50% of all household moves in the US annually, and we’re growing quickly.
This role will own pipelines and bring in top-notch talent for Engineering/Data/Product/Design at Updater. This is a critical role in the success of our teams and company – you’ll partner strategically with hiring managers to create & guide pipelines forward, attracting new team members as the voice of our organization and culture.
About the Role
- Manage an exceptional full-cycle recruiting process for roles across our Engineering, Data, Product, & Design teams, owning candidate relationships from outreach to offer to ensure an incredible candidate experience
- Source & attract a diverse pool of new candidates, schedule interviews, determine team interview slate, select evaluation criteria, collect feedback, facilitate informed hiring decisions, extend offers, negotiate and close selected candidates
- Develop an extensive understanding of our product, company strategy, and team goals.
- Create sourcing strategies, find innovative ways to attract and find the right people for our teams
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships, following through diligently
- Empathy: you strive to see the world from our candidates’ point of view in order to anticipate their needs and give them the “Updater Experience”
- Humility: you have an opinion, but aren’t afraid to be proven wrong, and are open to suggestions on what tool or technique is best to most efficiently solve a problem
- Strong Communication: you’re comfortable speaking with varied audiences from Engineers to Exec. Confidence interacting, communicating, and empathizing with all experience levels of A+ talent
- Comfort with Ambiguity: you’re used to being asked open-ended questions and whittling them down to questions that can be answered by hard data
- At least 4+ years experience in full life-cycle recruiting for Engineering/Data/Product/Design teams in a startup environment, ideally w/ prior agency or tech / SaaS industry experience
- Knowledge of the NYC/SF/US engineering talent competitive landscape
- Expertise in sourcing, interviewing, and screening techniques
- Superb client service, negotiation, and closing skills
- Self-motivation, eye for efficiency, and strong time management & organization skills
- Passionate, innovative spirit, and a desire to work in a flexible and fast-paced environment
- Experience with modern ATS tools (Greenhouse, Lever, etc)
- Humility and a good sense of humor!
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly forward mail, transfer utilities, connect TV and internet, and much more. Thousands of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $200 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest-rated tech company on the list, and ranked #7 in 2018. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.