Are you equally excited about charting new product territory and optimizing existing journeys? Do you design A/B tests in your sleep? Are you obsessed with connecting user value to business value? Then this role is for you!
We’re looking for an experienced & empathetic Senior or Lead Product Manager who is excited about solving real problems for real people as well as defining and building out new monetization strategies for those solutions. This role is entrusted with helping our users with all of the big and small actions required to move their lives from their old home to their new home.
Moving is one of the most universally relatable problems. Everyone has moved at least once and everyone thinks moving is painful. Updater is solving that pain at scale. We’re a well funded and growth-focused company, with technology that touches nearly 50% of all household moves in the US annually, and we’re growing quickly.
As Senior Product Manager for the Updater Core Experience, you’ll apply product management best practices to lead the team through a re-definition of the Updater core product offering. You’ll collaborate with world-class startup teams of Product Design, Engineering, Data, Marketing, and Business in our beautiful office overlooking Union Square.
You’ll also have a huge impact on Product culture at Updater. While the company has been around for a few years, our Product organization is small (but growing!). You’ll report directly to Updater’s President and have the opportunity to influence not only your product area, but the evolving role of the Product team and the direction of the business as a whole. It’s a unique opportunity to have both the stability of secure funding and huge market share, plus the fast-paced, high-ownership environment of a younger startup.
About the Role
- Lead product development initiatives in partnership with Design and Tech Lead partners
- Partner with the Executive Lead to set the team strategy and goals
- Run user, competitor, and market research
- Size, refine, and prioritize potential opportunities
- Write clear, efficient product specs
- Execute concept testing from low fidelity to high fidelity
- Continuously propose new experiments to improve conversion and user engagement
- Partner with the data team to uncover insights that fuel the next iteration of Updater core features
- Collaborate with Customer Success and Support to close the feedback loop on client and resident experience
- Evaluate and communicate progress to stakeholders and the team
- Empathy: you strive to see the world from our users' point of view in order to anticipate their needs
- Humility: you have an opinion, but aren’t afraid to be proven wrong, and are open to suggestions on what tool or technique is best to most efficiently solve a problem
- Strong Communication: optimism and a forward-looking attitude with a clear, inspiring communication style
- Comfortable with Ambiguity: you’re used to being asked open-ended questions and whittling them down to questions that can be answered by hard data
- 4-6 years of experience in product management, at least 1 year focused on consumer-facing, mobile-centric experiences
- A desire for collaboration and knowledge of how to drive decision-making
- Experience collecting and using qualitative and quantitative data to uncover actionable insights and drive forward decisions
- Strong experience in setting hypotheses, deciding between various types of testing (A/B, multivariate, interviews, surveys, etc), and leading efficient test execution
- Knowledge of how to balance data with intuition when necessary
- Experience with Sketch, InVision, Webflow, Zeplin, UserTesting, Optimizely (or similar)
- A passion for user research and user testing, and experience analysis of user feedback and behavior
- Experience as a strategic product thinker, a collaborator, and a champion of the user
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly forward mail, transfer utilities, connect TV and internet, and much more. Thousands of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised over $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest rated tech company on the list, and ranked #7 in 2018. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.