Upbound.io is a cloud native computing startup on a mission to create the first open and community driven cloud computing platform. We are passionately leading a CNCF open source control plane effort, Crossplane.io, while building a commercial SaaS offering that enables enterprises to build, deploy and manage cloud native infrastructure for applications.
As a Sr. Solutions Architect at Upbound, you'll be a vital part of our core engineering team that focuses the post sales implementation of solutions sold to both our enterprise customers and users of our products in the open source community. Drawing from your deep technical knowledge and experience with implementing cloud native solutions, you will have a significant impact on driving and executing the technical implementation of Upbound's products and solutions . This will include building rapport with our new and existing customers post sale to ensure a smooth delivery and adoptions of our products.
In this role, you will be...
- Closely partnering with the Upbound pre-sales team to transition customers to and through a smooth post sales implementation.
- Work directly with customers to troubleshoot and solve technical challenges relating to the implementation phase of deploying Crossplane and Upbound Cloud based control plane architectures into their production environments
- Building a set of cloud native "reference platforms" that will help accelerate adoption and position Crossplane and Upbound as a central piece of the cloud native landscape. See https://github.com/upbound/platform-ref-aws as an example.
- Writing code and building new product features for the open source crossplane.io project.
- The technical voice of Upbound to the customer, and represent the customer needs internally.
- Be the trusted advisor to new and existing customers by identifying and presenting ongoing technical solutions as the Upbound product suite grows.
You are a good fit if you have...
- Written and maintained code that interfaces with the Kubernetes API, such as operators, controllers, add-ons, etc.
- Managed production Kubernetes deployments or have been responsible for deploying/managing workloads running on Kubernetes in production.
- A deep understanding of highly scaled and reliable services, solutions, and infrastructure in multiple major cloud providers.
- Worked directly with customers and/or open source community members to troubleshoot and solve their complex technical issues preventing successful adoption.
- Deployed and integrated the projects and tools of the Cloud Native Landscape, especially CNCF projects, into production environments.
- Incorporated modern operational and application delivery tools and methodologies into your production deployment workflows, like those from HashiCorp (e.g. Terraform), CI/CD, IaC, and GitOps.
- Programming skills in a modern language (Go is ideal).
- The ability to work closely with people in a wide variety of disciplines from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Successfully managed multiple projects and priorities in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Excitement and comfort being a key part of further defining, scaling, and making this critical part of our engineering and customer solutions efforts thrive.
It is a plus if...
- You are actively involved or have contributed to the upstream Kubernetes community.
- You have a history of speaking at technology conferences, blogging/writing technical articles, and/or contributing to a popular open source project.
- You have worked in a startup and distributed/remote team before, and understand the unique challenges of a startup environment.
While building amazing technology is important, Upbound has an intense commitment to building a great culture. With company values like Champion Others, Be Collaborative, Stay on Target, Stay Hungry, Have Fun and Empower Others; you'll find yourself in a place where learning, growth, impact, and fun finally intersect. Similar to the open source community we serve, we look to each other to constantly iterate and improve on what we're building and you will be a key contributor in this effort.
We encourage people of all backgrounds, gender identities, ethnicities, ages, or any other descriptors that make you uniquely you, to apply with enthusiasm and confidence. Upbound is a place where you can be 100% comfortable being you.